Best Tanks on The Web

peet

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All ADA products are not available in NZ and never have been. NZ is the worst place for aquascaping equipment availability, and you can get a few cheap diffusers and drop checkers on TradeMe but otherwise you have to buy everything from overseas which will cost you a small fortune.

In NZ there is no company that I am aware of that manufactures nice tanks like ADA and if you want an ADA-style tank you will have to get it custom made. There are a few really good tank builders in NZ if you look around. I got my tanks made by Petworld in Christchurch and the quality is pretty good :thup:

NZ is the worst place for aquascaping equipment availability

You forgot about Antarctica :lol: These days most people get their gear shipped to them, even if they have a great LFS because it's cheaper. There's no reason why a great scape can't be achieved with the equipment we get here or can get shipped here.

Thats because if there was they would go broke due to lack of income.

I've seen people advertise various special glass and I'm sure I've seen an NZ post about a build with low iron glass, surely people can make very similar tanks here.

I assume it's more expensive but must be cheaper (and safer) than shipping a glass tank in from overseas.

There is a shop down here that makes them to order. Usually with low iron and polished front only because of the expense. They use black silicone and make a very neat job as well. They make recycled rimu stands and lids as well---very nice overall. Pictures of Jennifer's tank will give the idea.

What I was meaning is that there is no brand that specializes in manufacturing ADA-style tanks in NZ, or nature aquarium/aquascaping products for that matter.

However this brand might be coming to NZ... http://www.na-un.com/

There is a shop down here that makes them to order. Usually with low iron and polished front only because of the expense. They use black silicone and make a very neat job as well. They make recycled rimu stands and lids as well---very nice overall. Pictures of Jennifer's tank will give the idea.

Yeah Petworld makes great tanks :thup: I got my 140L made with a low iron front. All the sides are bevelled and polished though, not just the front :D

What I was meaning is that there is no brand that specializes in manufacturing ADA-style tanks in NZ, or nature aquarium/aquascaping products for that matter.

there is no brand but there is a few high quality manufacturers that will build to order.

support your local, i'd rather have custom made than mass produced anyday

there is no brand but there is a few high quality manufacturers that will build to order.

support your local, i'd rather have custom made than mass produced anyday

That's pretty much what I meant :) And yeah custom made tanks are awesome. I'm really happy with the ones that I got from Petworld.

• 2 months later...