August 30, 201115 yr Author comment_452726 Back bracing ply and front has been lined. Tomorrow I will add the sides and start the cupboard doors. Report
August 31, 201115 yr Author comment_452790 Have just ordered some Poret filter foam from SwissTropicals for my sump. $116NZ to buy and get it to my door. Also I'm going to order a weipro 500w heater with LCD screen and controller. $63US Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_452805 Have just ordered some Poret filter foam from SwissTropicals for my sump. $116NZ to buy and get it to my door. Also I'm going to order a weipro 500w heater with LCD screen and controller. $63US Where are you ordering the heater from? Report
August 31, 201115 yr Author comment_452823 FishStreet.com And I got the price wrong, it is actually $61.20NZ Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_452828 FishStreet.com And I got the price wrong, it is actually $61.20NZ is that for the heater? Report
August 31, 201115 yr Author comment_452829 yes sure is http://www.fish-street.com/weipro_mx1014_500w_duel_lcd_heater Report
August 31, 201115 yr Author comment_452861 the ends are now lined and it has a floor. Tomorrows mission is to attempt to make some cupboard doors... that are straight :roey: Report
August 31, 201115 yr Author comment_452865 haha nice fish in the tank :sml1: Its keeping it cycled while its in the garage :thup: Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_452873 what's the bike? Stand looks great. It'll look even better finished I'm sure. Report
August 31, 201115 yr Author comment_452899 what's the bike? Stand looks great. It'll look even better finished I'm sure. Thanks, Bike is a hardrock. I don't like the red rims but the shop wouldn't change them at no charge for me when I brought it :-? Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_452916 They're a great bike. Sucks about the rims though. Anyway - back on track. Are you going to paint the stand or oil/varnish it? Report
August 31, 201115 yr Author comment_452917 I would have liked to stain and polyurethane it but I have put screws into the ply so I will fill them and just paint I think. All my furniture is dark greys and blacks so was thinking black on outside and white on inside maybe. Would that look good? I need to get timber moldings for the corner edges to cover the ply joins as well. Unless anyone has any ideas on what would look nice...? Report
September 7, 201115 yr Author comment_453597 Cupboard doors done, just need hinges. Does anyone know if the tank will be ok straight on top with 40mm poly between the tank and stand? OR should I put a sheet of ply on the stand first? Report
September 10, 201115 yr Author comment_453921 I need help and comments on a colour scheme for the stand, I want black because all my furniture is black and dark colours. Does this look ok? I'm not to sure about the white, I think it stands out too much...? Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_453922 I would say all black with maybe white or silver handles. IMO the white would stand out and distract from the tank a little. Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_453931 Yeah solid black I reckon. Looks more professional in a way :thup: Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_453973 White all the way man :thup: It will be an awesome contrast the dark furniture Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.