Losing weight support thread

mcrudd

Just about drinking anything else (apart from alcohol) would be better than pop as it has such a horrendous sugar content. Watch it if you switch to the sugar free options as too much can make you ill or give you diarrhea. Have you tried herbal teas in the evening? Camomile is suggested for helping aid sleep. Presonally I think they all taste revolting but I don't like pop either so you might like some of them.

Milk, especially warm milk, is also nice before bed. Choose the low fat option.

Try adding just a small amount of fruit juice to the water to get a bit of flavour.

If you still find yourself comfort eating, try changing what you eat when you do it. Easier said than done but when you start to feel healthier you know it was worth it! :bounce:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow I am in pain today, my trainer worked me hard :nilly: I have such a sore body and most of it feels as if it is from the sprawl exercise, all you do is stand upright, then crouch down and lay flat on your tummy and then get upright again. do that 20 times rest and another 20 times, Gosh it works :thup:

Caper I used to love coke, would live on it, then switched over to coke zero (which is a little better) from there I started drinking all the different soda streams (ligt or diet ones) just keep an eye on the sodium and kilojules and if its low then its not that bad, at least its something pop like but not with six teaspoons of sugar in it.

We are all here for each other :love:

What's sodastreams????

Caryl, I am now trying to stick to diet pop. I truly don't want to give pop up; I just don't want to be drinking the amount that I was :facepalm: Also, trying to drink more water in the evening. I don't mind drinking a glass of tap water but not to sit and sip on, yuck bottled water I can do though!

I drink 1% milk with my meals most of the time (juice sometimes, diet pop sometimes). I will not drink skim milk, yuck!!!! Warm milk, oh no love milk cold. I am not a coffee or tea drinker either.

We are all here for each other

mcrudd :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

mcrudd you look awesome in your picture (holding the 2 fish), you have done an amazing job loosing weight :bow::bow::bow:

I'm pretty much trying to do this one day at a time. With that said, I do try to plan on tomorrow's meals. Seems when I do this, I'm less likely to skip meals.

I know in the past when I cut stuff out completely (e.g. potoatoe chips), I would end up graving then overeating chips :facepalm: So not doing that this time!

I've always said, that the only people who think it is easy to loose weight, never had to!

Be careful mcrudd, don't over do it!

Take care everyone!

Caper :P

http://www.sodastream.ca/#&panel1-1

I have a trainer that is helping me step by step, no ways I can overdo it :thup:

Sodastream is a good way to try and kick pop habits, it really helps, just remember to make the good choices when buying the juice syrups

One day at a time is the best way Caper, no other way, and losing weight is extremely hard, but the rewards are over the top happiness :love:

Were you a size 12 when she saw you last?

I was about a size 18 when my mom last saw me, perhaps even a 20 with big boobs as well, so its gonna be a big change for her to see me smaller. I reread your question, I think I might have been tired the first time I read it last time LOL, so here is the correct answer :)

This photo was taken the night before we left, it was our farewell photo, I am the one holding the baby, its my daughter, she was six months at the time

183626_1919052622992_3122458_n.jpg

I think the last time I was a nicely toned size 12 was in school :o

Really nice family pic mcrudd :happy2:

Ok, so the lady beside you must be your mother and the other lady your sister??? I'll be shocked if not because you all look alike especially the smile...you all have the same smile :thup: :thup:

Weigh day - down 2.4 lbs....YAHOOOO!

Really nice family pic mcrudd :happy2:

Ok, so the lady beside you must be your mother and the other lady your sister??? I'll be shocked if not because you all look alike especially the smile...you all have the same smile :thup: :thup:

Weigh day - down 2.4 lbs....YAHOOOO!

Yip you got them all right. and the two long men in the back is my step brother(brown shirt) and brother (white shirt) The older man is my Stepdad. My sister is the baby in the family, she only turned 21 last year :D

Well done on the weightloss :bounce: very happy for you, keep up the good work :wink:

Is that the big ball that looks like a big beach ball? How's the healing from the surgery Melanie?

I HATE exercising always did even when I wasn't obese. I don't mind doing the treadmill but other stuff :digH: I only do the exercises that the physiotherapist gave me but if she said no more, I'd be quite :happy2: :happy2: I do love swimming but never related that to exercise, maybe that's why I like it :slfg: I was using the stationary bike at work but physiotherapist said to stop.

Anyone else with an update?

Take care,

can someone please explain why "natural" colours, flavouring etc.... is considered healthy and artificial is considered unhealthy, yet Sugar (natural) is considered more unhealthy than artificial sweeteners which were originally a chemical waste product

can someone please explain why "natural" colours, flavouring etc.... is considered healthy and artificial is considered unhealthy, yet Sugar (natural) is considered more unhealthy than artificial sweeteners which were originally a chemical waste product

Out of my own experience, Artificial Colourings don't agree with me, especially Red, they set off my ADHD something terrible...

Just some background, I was 8 when diagnosed, and through a series of tests and trying to narrow something down, eventually my parents discovered the artificial red food colouring trigger (Various shades). Once they found the trigger, I was on a ban... No rasberry Lamingtons, no cherry cola, and even tomato sauce of certain brands contained it...

Eventually, I gained the ability to SMELL artificial food colouring...

I have since grown out of my ADHD (tends to drop away at puberty) but I can still have an off-day here and there.

Red food colouring definately makes it 100% worse for the next few days, and the "come-down" is usually emotional... (yea, I know... :roll: )

Since then I have found other people (parents, friends etc) that had similair problems either themselves or in their family, and not all of them were diagnosed ADHD or ADD or Hyperactive to begin with, and not all of them had the same resultant behavioural issues as a side effect, but a range of side-effects...

As for the sugar thing, the world intake of sucrose has been expanding exponentially, as has diabetes and obesity, for many years prior to the introduction of artificial sweetners... Artificial sweetners were first seen as a saviour, but was largely unregulated (still is in some places) and all manner of concoctions found thier way onto the market, most of them with very little or no research and long-term studies.

Lately there are "Natural Sweetners", the biggest development is the use of the "Stevia" plant, or "Sweet-leaf" that produces a sweetner that is many times sweeter than sugar, and has been used by the Japenese for centuries, and you can even buy Stevia plants to grow in your own garden (I had one, was awesome! 1 cup of tea = 1 decent size leaf left to infuse with the teabag)

Like they say " everything in moderation, including moderation"

Caper surgery was last year, so I am all healed allready, I do have to watch that I don't strain myself though :wink:

Ok Hubby has transferred my dininng into a gym :slfg: who needs a trainer now, I am still sore though, so those big beach ball (swissball) exercises do help, hope they trim me down nicely.

Caryl you must be so relieved that you are able to do your bike rides and walks again :bounce:

Oh Yeah :nilly: Guess what I attempted today, it was hillarious to say the least :facepalm:

Oh mcrudd...went back and looked...thread was started last year :oops:

Your own gym...what a sweet hubby :bow: How's the weight?

I love having my daughter's treadmill here!

Glad you're out and about Caryl! :thup: :thup: When I went to the pain clinic last October, the doctor wanted me to walk 30 minutes a day. I tried several different times (outside) and after one bout of sciatica that had me laying down for 3 days, I gave up. So the treadmill is a blessing for me. Going to the mall and places, I end up with lots of pain but I can't stay in and not move either!

Anyone else???

I found moving in short bursts was helpful. Dr said to you 30 minutes per day but that does not mean you can't do it in 5 minute, or 10 minute lots to make up the 30 minutes.

Anyway you can go to a pool? Walking through water is easier on the joints and less likely to cause you pain as the water supports the joints. If you can't swim, just walk up and down in waist to chest high water.