SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah I haven't been on here in ages!

But I thought I would because I took my little dog in to town to see my friend and watch the parade for our Olympians, then after he survived bagpipes and loud noises I thought we should go for a run around the lake.

I saw a couple of koi, 3 massive goldfish and when you look out over the lake on one of the paths up the hill you can see a bunch of huge Rudd chasing each other around in the shallow area under the trees. All pests I know, but my inner fish geek made me watch them for ages!

I also saw ducklings and I got super excited!

I love spring! :happy1:

I HAVE NEWS

I went today and bought the Juwel Rekord 60, which turned out to be in quite perfect condition, and was also given a 100W heater for it. Got it home, with continuing discussions about using it to give the loaches more water and a bigger filter. After discussing selling the loach tank etc, my husband says "it's not just a monetary decision... you've made an established eco system in that tank and now you want to ruin it all to start again. You should just set the Juwel up as a third tank and put some more fish in it"

:bounce: :happy1: :hail: :happy2: :nilly: :nilly:

Yes I will do that as I like to use the photo thread as a tank log. To tell you the truth my brain is spinning. I hadn't even contemplated keeping it as a third tank and my mind is abuzz with what I should put in it. It might take a while to make my mind up but at least I can give it a clean and start it cycling while I think. I know I can use it to grow my twisted val project in the meantime 8)

what are your ideas?

so far I've got:

cherry barbs and plants

apistos and plants and caves, though I haven't read up on them properly yet

hillstream loaches in a rocky river bed (with extra current)

another small cichlid of some sort, a cute little cave dweller (but not shellies) - condition being that they have to live peacefully together [never had cichilds before)

a collection of bright platies and plants. I like those bright yellow ones.

bigger group of dwarf chain loaches and then get something else to live with the corydora in their previous tank

1.gif

am going to go and watch a silly movie to take my mind off thinking about it. Having an empty tank is worse than having money in my pocket burning a hole :sml2:

Nooooo don't get cherry barbs! They're so common and boring!

You should get something really cool and/or unusual :thup:

IMO a pair of German blue rams would look awesome. And then maybe one or two species of rare/unusual tetras or rasboras :P

Or, just get loads of male guppies of all different colours and lots of plants. That would look awesome :) And you could still chuck in a pair of German blue rams because they'd look cool with guppies.

Nooooo don't get cherry barbs! They're so common and boring!

You should get something really cool and/or unusual :thup:

It's not just about the fish Joe, it's about how you use them :lol:

Sophia, I was playing with the idea of a subtropical WCMM and shrimp tank but after spending $100+ on a heater I figured I'd better use it. It all depends on what sort of tank you're going for, something nicely planted I assume?

what are your ideas?

so far I've got:

[never had cichilds before)

ele yellow with bule dems whould be cool..white sand with so croal rock..or lave rock..whould be cool..

or a little marine with shimps and colourful small fish damoiselle or chromis they come all diffenrt colours

and sizes stay small about 6. cm to 11 cm in sizes..that whould be realy cool..

ele yellow with bule dems whould be cool..white sand with so croal rock..or lave rock..whould be cool..

or a little marine with shimps and colourful small fish damoiselle or chromis they come all diffenrt colours

and sizes stay small about 6. cm to 11 cm in sizes..that whould be realy cool..

Isn't 60L too small for Electric Yellows and Blue Dems? :dunno:

Oh my goodness I just saw the most AMAZING super red Apistogramma cacatuoides at the local shop here. The colours were incredibly intense and it had orange on both pectoral fins. It is $62.00.

!drool: !drool: :happy1:

I had to convince myself not to get it since I need buckets 'n stuff for the peat filter for the licorice gouramis.