The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my car's WOF yesterday and realised the rego was out too, so renewed that for a year.

After the WOF the same VTNZ that has always tested my car decided that the fog lights were not appropriate and were too blue - but they are 6000K and white.

So after a year of testing the same car, with the same lights they decided to ask me to put different lights on the car. What a bunch of doofs.

At least I have 2 weeks left on my existing WOF so I can get the WOF next weekend now that I've bought normal lamps which I'll replace again after I get my WOF.

Won't be going to VTNZ again. They even tried telling me they haven't done my car before and looked pretty silly when I showed them the last WOF check. They also asked me to allign my lights because they couldn't do it. :facepalm:

bah, you've put me off going to VTNZ for my next warrant. Those are the sort of things that I worry about, but I also worry about getting failed on things a mechanic can make money off, as happened the last time. It seems you can't win with warrants unless you have a new car.

bah, you've put me off going to VTNZ for my next warrant. Those are the sort of things that I worry about, but I also worry about getting failed on things a mechanic can make money off, as happened the last time. It seems you can't win with warrants unless you have a new car.

VTNZ failed my car on the basis of a loud exhaust - ok it is a bit loud.

They didn't though test it the correct legal way and made an assessment by revving the crap out of it in the VTNZ building.

I took it to someone else who passed it advising it was on the cuff but legal.

Will never go near VTNZ again.

Those are pretty rare in NZ. I've never heard of them being in the country before, but they are on the allowed list.

You should buy it :happy1:

I would but they are $23 each and it wouldn't be fair on the fish to buy one.....a bit expensive for me. I was hoping you would buy some :bounce:

I'm *thinking* of buying this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=510394865