The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just spent the good part of my evening moving my 200 odd angel fry into a bucket, removing their aquarium from the stand, shortening the stand by a couple of blocks and replacing their aquarium on the stand. Added a tank I bought off TradeMe too (they just fit) and filled it up only to find it had a leak at the back. This is the LAST time I'm buying a second hand tank! More fool me for not leak testing it, can't take people's word for it these days :an!gry

That looks delicious! He is a very clever husband and sets a good example to others in the birthday department.

Recipe please :bggrn:

PS Making your own caremalised condensed milk, called Dulce de leche, is much nicer than buying a tin of caremalised condensed milk. A lot more flavour!

Just spent the good part of my evening moving my 200 odd angel fry into a bucket, removing their aquarium from the stand, shortening the stand by a couple of blocks and replacing their aquarium on the stand. Added a tank I bought off TradeMe too (they just fit) and filled it up only to find it had a leak at the back. This is the LAST time I'm buying a second hand tank! More fool me for not leak testing it, can't take people's word for it these days :an!gry

Hi Sam

Whats the plan for all those platinum angels - wife saw some online from hff and decreed she must have a few :facepalm:

Thanks Sophia :love:

I assume the "banoffee" is just caramelised condensed milk?

Yep - mashed banana, lemon juice, mixed straight into the caramelised condensed milk from a tin. You could go all cordon bleu and boil a tin of regular stuff if you like though :slfg:

Permiantly for how long?

:ton:

Yeah ok, so I re-opened my account but only because I'd forgotten to d/l videos and pics before closing it (for some reason I no longer had them on my HD). Anyway, got the vids but damned if I can find a good way to d/l all the pics without doing one at a time. I've tried various programme suggestions but they don't work. Even the "d/l all your data" thing from FB was naff, it just gave me html data with no photos etc. :fshi:

I'll have another crack this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the fish are missing Dena as she feeds them when she's here but went back home to Christchurch this morning :-?

I have just put the royal icing over the almond icing of the fruit cake I have made. It is my parents' 60th wedding anniversary today so I am making the cake look extra special. Pity I hate fruit cake, so won't be eating it, but as mum said "It's my anniversary and I want a fruit cake. I don't care if you don't like it, your dad and I do!"

They are going to celebrate by offering morning tea to their friends after church on Sunday, so I will be busy baking tomorrow as I am providing the goodies.

One of them might be this as they sound delicious! !drool:

My son found the recipe yesterday and I think it needs to be made. :smln: What do you think Sophia?