The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have been quite industrious today. Went to the Warehouse sale and got a sun umbrella for the hot patio in summer. Then went for a long walk with my husband. Did some washing and while that was doing I started up the spare garage tank to become abode for my fighter that appeared to have been battered by the Badis Brothers... funnily enough I like his colouring in the natural light of the garage more than when he was in the planted tank, it brings out more of his green and shows more red in the body too. Have used a divider to make room for another to keep him company one day, or another breeding experiment, bought a generous handful of wisteria for some greenery, used up some left over river pebbles and some gravel from the breeding tank. Even had enough leftover polystyrene to insulate it around the back and sides. And I still have a whole 'nother day off work tomorrow :happy2:

Picked up some glass from stephanie, went to get some NSW from Takapuna but it was far too busy, checked on my orders for the new cube, leds and skimmer and now just chilling waiting for the family to head out to walk the fan trail. I'm super excited about having a proper marine setup. Can't wait.

I'm getting a new aviary! Yay :happy2:

A friend of ours is helping some people move house and they have a big aviary on their property that they need to get rid of and they said that I can have it for free if I want it. It's a lot stronger than the one I have now although I think it might be a bit smaller.

I went to the park to check the troughs for bugs, a little slim pickings for what I was looking for but I did get to feed a calf and some bulls who came to see what I was up to. :love: Or rather, I picked them clumps of grass from their own field, that they could already reach and they ate it :rotf:

Its going to be a long night. I have to finish my graphics project by tomorrow and ive still got 7 pages, a architecture model, and photos to take. :roll: :cofn:

More or less how I feel. Have 3 projects due in the next 10 days, but 2 of them can only be made in the workshop and the workshop's last opening day is TOMORROW so I only have from 9am-4pm for finish making the models required. Then over the weekend I have to complete a 3min video showing the use of the product I designed as well as all the documentation of my design progress to hand in on Monday. While still trying to find time to celebrate my bf's bday with him AND possibly go armageddon during the weekend (I really hope I can go, actors from The Guild will be there!). I basically have 7hours total for finish making a replica of a torch from scratch as well as make my fire alarm model from scratch :nilly:.

The main reason why this has gone to crap is we didn't find out the workshop was closing early until 11 days before they were about to close - which works out to be 6 actual workshop days total, due to the long weekend, and 2 other days lost to presentations we had to make and present for another paper. If the workshop had stayed open as we thought it would, we would have had a whole other week in which to do the workshop tasks. plus since everyone's panicking to try and get things finished, the queue to use machines in the workshop are insane.

Oh and I'm supposed to Job hunt, renew my passport, renew my car registration and probably do a few more things I can't recall off the top of my head. I hate that I'm supposed to be an adult now, I'm way too much of a child for all this. Anyway, complaints aside, just gotta do what I can and try not to panic I suppose, at least I haven't punched and dented a wall like one of my classmates did. I'm getting awfully close though