April 11, 201313 yr Author comment_524825 The reagent should have come with the drop checker, you can make your own 4dkh water or buy it. Report
April 11, 201313 yr comment_524826 Sweet, I got something and I will do some making. Thanks sam Report
April 11, 201313 yr comment_524870 I have a lot of 4kh water made up here Cam if you ever need some. Report
April 12, 201313 yr comment_524925 Today at school we had an "Achievement Day", which is where most of the Year 11, 12 and 13 students have the day off and those who want to resit an exam to get a better mark, or who need one-on-one help on a particular subject, are able to go in to school and do so. I just had a Maths exam resit so I've come home now. I really hope I did well on it, because I completely stuffed up my first one :facepalm: Report
April 12, 201313 yr comment_524926 when i did school c math in 5th form the first question on the math test had a diagram of a telephone keypad and asked "what does 0800TELECOM translate to in phone numbers?" Report
April 12, 201313 yr comment_524952 I have a lot of 4kh water made up here Cam if you ever need some. Thanks I will try make some my self, but if I am too stupid to do so I will be in touch. Thanks for the offer Report
April 12, 201313 yr comment_524954 Today at school we had an "Achievement Day", which is where most of the Year 11, 12 and 13 students have the day off and those who want to resit an exam to get a better mark, or who need one-on-one help on a particular subject, are able to go in to school and do so. I just had a Maths exam resit so I've come home now. I really hope I did well on it, because I completely stuffed up my first one :facepalm: that's pretty good that they let you do that, I would have liked to do that for some of my exams Report
April 17, 201313 yr comment_525532 Spent the last 24 hours in hospital, never had such intense abdominal pains before in my life!! Report
April 17, 201313 yr comment_525535 food poisoning from uncooked chicken was the worst pain i've ever been in all my life.. was in hospital for two weeks. thank TFSM for morphine... Report
April 18, 201313 yr comment_525540 Spent the last 24 hours in hospital, never had such intense abdominal pains before in my life!! were you having a baby? Report
April 18, 201313 yr comment_525541 They're not sure what it is, my bowels are slightly inflamed. Had to have a ct scan and whatever that stuff they made me drink beforehand + the dye they injected into my veins made me spew exorcism styles all over the really expensive machine lol. Haha Sophia that's what it felt like! Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_525673 Had no power since midnight. Bristlenose fry hatched last night.I hate powercutswith fish! Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_525739 Godly3vil how are you doing? Are you home from the hospital? Caper Report
April 19, 201313 yr comment_525751 Caved in and lit the fire for the first time this year. It is 11.2C outside and raining heavily (YAY we need it). Also good to see the pellet fire fired up no trouble first time. You sometimes wonder, after they have been sitting unused for so long, if they will go when you push the ON button. Even on low the pellet fire heats the room to about 26C so we are looking at the different ways of venting and pumping waste heat through to other rooms to see which would best suit. I am getting the urge to bake something. Nothing like baking, with the music up loud, on a cold, wet day (unless you are curled up by the fire reading a book). Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_525757 Godly3vil how are you doing? Are you home from the hospital? Caper Still not feeling too well Caper, waiting on some blood results to come back but yes I am back home at least. Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_525778 that's what you get for eating fishfood...... in other news, for dinner tonight I'm doing a Jamie Oliver trick of roasting lamb straight on the oven rack so it drips into the vegetables below. It makes for quite a smokey smelling kitchen so I really hope it tastes good. I rubbed it with lime juice (no lemon available), rosemary, oil, salt and pepper. !drool: Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_525810 i just had the best pie. steak and mushroom. bought at midday from the local bakery, kept in the fridge, then reheated in the microwave, 3 minutes at 70%. i used to put tomato sauce on my pies but these days i just enjoy the whole pie in its whole beautiful pie-ness. Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_525819 Ever since I saw a pic of a Polka Dot Cake (a few days ago) I wanted to give it a go. The original was a 3 layer cake done in 6" tins. I did not have any of these so was going to do 2 x 8" tins but, after stuffing up the first lot of polka dots, decided a single layer would do. :gigl: I just wanted to see if they came out looking anything like the original and I am pleased with the results. :thup: Next time I will add more balls but I did not have enough that turned out as well as I felt was needed so it is less dotty than it might have been... Also, I used too much butter in the icing I think and it had a tendency to slide off as I was trying to slather it around the sides. Never mind, I know what to do next time and the cake is now all sliced up and individually bagged to go on my dad's church stall tomorrow. He runs it every week as a fund raiser. They need a lot of money to quake-proof their hall. Not up to professional standards but I was happy with it :happy1: Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_525826 Caryl did you find some cake pop moulds or did you just roll them out yourself? I can probably find some up here for you if there aren't any in Blenheim Report
April 20, 201313 yr comment_525831 Got the pans from The Warehouse. Called Baking Cake Pop Set. $24.99. Report
April 21, 201313 yr comment_525859 Got a phonecall from the landlord this morning saying that they want us to move out so they can move in. We haven't even been here a year :facepalm: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.