Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The What's Up? thread.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Views 532.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man im angry!!! I bought a light of trademe and the seller sends me a heater??? What is this?!?!? I will be contacting trademe now as I'm freaking angry! :an!gry

WoW.. if it is a company then they have probably just mixed up the order. You might even get to keep the heater :thup:

Nope it's a seller, have organized with the actual buyer of the heater and she has my light so I have any her heater and he has sent my light and the seller has reimbursed me with the cost of shipping

Anyone heard from mcrudd since the cat glaring incident - I am beginning to get a bit worried... :o

She has posted in other threads so I guess she is coping.

I am at work today, excited but nervous about surgery tomorrow.

Also very happy as ACC have finally agreed to pay for it!! :hail::bow: :bounce: :nilly: :happy1: :happy2: :love:

I did a cooking and coffee course at the community college today and yesterday which was fun. The community college is across the road from the college that I go to. When I walked home today and passed the dairy there were all these boys from my college hanging out there and I was on the other side of the road but they still had to bully me :x I'm completely sick of it and no matter how many times I go to the teachers they still don't stop it. The next guy to have a go with me will get a broken nose. I'm sick of having to put up with this. Our school supposedly has an 'anti bullying' policey - yeah right.

Maybe I'll just start wagging school - go for a walk and find a nice tree to sit under and read a book. Maybe that will solve all my problems in life.

They were on the other side of the road Joe. They will get sick of it if they don't get a reaction. Ignore them as holidays start shortly and they may find someone else to pick on next year :roll:

I know it is annoying but resorting to violence will not help the situation (and you will get suspended or expelled - not that it would worry you but it would upset mum).

Any chance of going to Nelson Boys instead next year and living with dad during the week while he is over there too? They have a much better rep than here.

Ignoring doesn't work - they just get nastier and try harder for a reaction. I just wish the teachers would do something about bullying. It's completely unacceptable so why don't they bother to deal to it? They will do something if I can name the person that was doing it, but they don't give them a harsh punishment or anything, just a little talk.

I don't think going to Nelson would solve anything. Dad and I don't really get on that well and apparently Nelson Boys is a very violent school, and I wouldn't have my fish and I don't trust my mum or sister to look after them.

I agree with caryl, violence never solves anything. I get like that sometimes, I try to ignore it. There's always some person that will wind you up, some even resort to being racist. They have a simple mind that isn't capable of doing much else.

Buy a punch bag or something and just beat the stuffing out of it. I've taken most of my anger out that way. I know it's not a great solution, and I know it seems like a good idea to break their nose but if Theres a group of them you don't stand a chance.

The only thing I can add is that it gets better. As you get older and they do everybody starts to get on. Once school is over everybody will want to be your mate as they realise that in the real world they're all as low, or lower, on the food chain than you are. The best payback I ever had was walking into a shop and seeing a guy that used to give me grief at school still selling petrol in the same dead end job he'd had for 10 years.

Buy a punch bag or something and just beat the stuffing out of it. I've taken most of my anger out that way. I know it's not a great solution, and I know it seems like a good idea to break their nose but if Theres a group of them you don't stand a chance.

Yes! Start boxing, it's cheaper than therapy and works instantly! Makes me happy.

Moved my fish on Sunday, moved again! Can't keep still. Platy gave birth in the bucket within half an hour, put mother fish in a breeding net, turns out she's still full of fry and one of the other fish is responsible and I keep finding the tiniest platy fry to date all through my tank!

My 6 fish have turned in to 80 fish.

Woke up on Monday morning to check they'd settled in alright, and realised that during my stressful weekend (which included losing my beautiful 17 year old cat and a lot of tears) that i'd forgotten to turn the heater and filter on. :facepalm:

Lots of very unhappy wee fish half an hour before I was due at work. Only lost one which is better than the whole lot I guess. Still sad.

So yes, punching bags are sweet! :wink:

Yes! Start boxing, it's cheaper than therapy and works instantly! Makes me happy.

Haha it's great right? Plus it helps you keep fit and you learn skills from it.

Spent about 1/2hr on it today when I broke my filter... :an!gry oh well more of the excuse to get a bigger filter now :thup:

Got my new filter, bigger and better. I grazed my leg and ankle on a rock.

Note to self: cut+herbal medicine with 2L of gin=Fire burning feeling on cut :an!gry :facepalm:

IMO I don't really like boxing as to say a martial art with kicking. Why use a punch, when you can generate more power and have greater reach with a kick. Punching is most effective short range, but foot movement ties it all together. If your out of their range they can't hurt you. Simple. Some argue that punching is faster but I have seen some great martial artists that can kick faster than people can punch, plus their flexible so they can go straight for the head and KO someone first kick.

I'm not encouraging violence here, just saying that the martial artists that do fight competitively are really good and use a combination of kicking and punching.

Sorry rambling on blah blah blah...

And a few pics I think people might enjoy of joko ninomiya

kancho_ice.jpg

icebreaker.jpg

I trained with him last year, really nice guy.

I have come out of surgery and am enjoying slowly walking about (gotta avoid blood clots) the camping ground while waiting until I am able to travel so I can go home.

Good day today. I bought a magnetic turtle dock from Kapiti kritters, did a large water change, cleaned the ornaments, wiped off the algae and restuck the background on. I then had great fun "dismantling" my old basking area :thup: . Then cleaned my room (filled the wheelie bin with junk from my room :wave: ).

And it only took me 5 hours :facepalm: :yaw1: :roll:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.