• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a good job.

Love it.

:D

Thanks!

UPDATE

10 Cardinals added.

No signs of algae yet.... still waiting for the new tank diatoms to show, I'm reluctant to trim the plants until the algae stage is past. I'm only half EI dosing at the moment and have the Co2 running 1.5bps. Waterchanges are every 3 days.

I'm not happy with the needle leaf in the middle, it's too distracting.

DSC_0064.jpg

Wow that is so cool !drool:

The Cardinals look excellent! They really suit the scape, and look nice together with the Black Phantoms. I see you still have a couple of Sundadanio axelrodi and the Emerald-eye Rasboras in there. Awesome :hail:

UPDATE

More moss and some Riccia added (thanks Sam!) Hairgrass and Glosso starting to spread nicely, the stems will be topped and replanted soon.

A couple small outbreaks of diatoms but no other algae yet. Now full E.I dosing with 1.5mls of excel daily and Co2 running 1.5bps

DSC_0076-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

:oops:

Due to a very busy schedule recently and being away from home a lot over the last 2 months, the tank has taken a slide. My family has been daily dosing ferts and keeping up with weekly water changes but it looks like my Co2 has run out at some stage resulting in a few algae outbreaks. I had to hack to glosso right back as it was growing all over itself causing the bottom layer to slowly die.

DSC_0001.jpg

No mechanical filtration? Or is that what that waver maker type thing on the RHS is?

Running an Eheim 2224 with mech and bio. The wave maker is for extra flow to reduce the 'deadspots'

The diffuser is now under the inlet pipe to increase Co2 distribution

Busy day....

Tanks had a big clean and plants an agressive trim. Glosso was looking tangled and messy so I've removed a few runners to allow space to spread.

Made up some 4dkh solution today for the drop checker, hopefully will get more accurate readings now.

I've ordered a new Co2 mist diffuser, ugly looking but great reviews.

A small stone added to the front, I think it adds a little more depth. Might add a few more...

DSCF2007.jpg

Looks great!

The hairgrass at the back could do with being a little thinker towards the top, I'm not sure how you're trimming it, or aiming for, but just a suggestion. Also Once the rotala (?) Gets bigger it will look great.

Very nice. !drool:

Thanks!

I know what you mean with the hairgrass... I was thined it out to promote some new growth, it was also spreading into the glosso making a right tangle :-? On the back left had side it's really thick....

The rotala is looking a little sad.... might hack them right down to get a nice bush going