Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

naming your fish.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 83
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1, 2, 3, 4.....

Red fish, blue fish, silly fish, dead fish, feeder fish....

:sml1: Was reading through this in all seriousness thinking about I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo who names some of my fish...and then sawthe above^^ cracked up...

We just name the big memorable ones too! :slfg:

Discus - Freckles, henry, bella, timone, percy and the two green turqs (rip) were "the twins"

Ghost knife - Jack

Leopard ctenopoma - George

(RIP) :tears: Golden Ram was Sunny

Gold severums - Bonnie and Clyde

Gold apple snail - Shelvis...

bumble bee gobies - "gobbytime" - refers to all twelve of them

Plec - Boris and Bruce - daddys of the brown bristlenose breeding groups, only ones allowed names

I currently have:

Freddy the purple betta - no, not 'Freddy Fish', he's named Freddy because he's bright, flamboyant, and should have been a Queen... (geddit?)

Hoover the Hoplo Catfish - cause thats what he looks like when food is around

Gary the Golden Apple Snail - I have two toddlers, need I say more?

I have named my Pleco Freddy, he just looks like a freddy.

TK is my big male Kribensis, Butters is my medium sized Krib, and Taylor is the small Krib. The girls have not been named yet, as I can't tell them apart.

Vincent and Duncan were guppies, they were sold.

Scott and Heidi were my first two bristlenose. Both died after 6 days. Doug was my first adult male bristlenose. He was put to sleep after a very nasty infection caused by rubbing against some rocks.

Murray and Jesse are my current breeding pair of bristlenose. Jesse was with Doug but nothing happened until Murray showed up.

Blue is the big blue/opaline gourami. Spot, and Tiger are the names of my platinum gourami. Flo passed away from being egg-bound (Tiger you lazy ....)

Simon was our siamese fighter, but hexamita got him early on.

Wow, this is depressing.

I get attached to my fish, even if I don't name them.

Not all our fish have names...but a select few

7cm Bristlenose Pleco named Herman (not sure why, referred to him a Herman when we got him and it stuck)

2 smaller Bristlenose's name Shredder and Splinter

German Blue Rams named Rambo and Thumberlina

Neon Tetra named Gill - he lost his gill cover somehow

Golden Barb name Munter - he's an ugly guy, face seems to be on skew

Golden Barb named Big Mumma - she was pregnant and fat for a long long time before she released her eggs.

Rosy Tetra named Big Boss - he our biggest and oldest guy, one of our firsts along with Herman. Still rules the Rosy roost

We had a really ugly Rosy Tetra with one eye (received her that way) named Quasimodo, she has since passed.

I also call her and him my "meisiekind" and my "seuntjie" which is just the afrikaans for girl and boy :wink:

I like these names :D Fellow S.African here

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

new fish:

janice - jaguar cichlid, named after janice the muppet (you will see the resemblance)

watson - green texas cichlid, named after texas watson.

duncan junior - convict cichlid, named after my first convict, the late duncan (RIP)

herpes - bristlenose, i don't like having this fish but i have learned to live with it...

lucy - black angelfish, named after the blackest angel, lucifer.

my clown knife is called Ba'al because, if you catch him in the right light, his eyes glow

my son named his angel Anubis (unfortunately he passed away a few weeks ago and his replacement hasn't been named yet)

the axy is named Kree:

OMG I had an Angel I named Anubis who passed away! &c:ry

WARNING DO NOT NAME ANGELS ANUBIS!

makes me think of that adult shop in auckland lol

Dude Peaches & Cream is my fav lollie, come on :slfg:

I've also had fish named:

Bane - The bane of my existance

Wrath - My man named that one (sigh)

Trident - Angel fish

Roach - The clown loach

Speedy & Zippy - Brown chinese algae eaters (Speedy decided brown was boring and changed to gold)

Oh god I've forgotten so many, sold them all two years ago when I moved.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.