Cicada's and white butterfly everywhere?

Insect Direct

I dont recall ever seeing as many cicadas as I have this year. The noise is deafning up at the river its almost unreal but still does your head in after a while :lol: . Counted 18 cicada in one coprosma bush :o . There also seems to be heaps of the white butterflies around.

Good season for certain bugs so it would seem. Anyone else noticing the same in your area?

my deck is a cicada party zone!

its funny they start about 5am until approx 10pm then the crickets go until 5am.

there is honestly never a silent moment around our house, but i must say the cat is loving it, loves to chase them, bring them inside and let them go for mum & dad. isnt she just a gem! :roll: :lol:

yes - heaps of cicadas in Auckland. My cats are having great fun

Last night.... One of the cats bought in a cicada at 1:30am, 2:45am and 4:30am... *sigh* she almost got punted out the cat door on the last one, but I was too slow!

Luckily I am well trained to interuppted sleep at the moment seeing as though my daughter is only 2 1/2 months old.

I'm guessing the weather has something to do with the massive amounts of cicadas and butterflies flying around.