Boys names

supasi

I got into a spot of bother when doing national service in the army many moons ago. Went to the pub and took a shortcut across the parade ground and got caught by a regular sargent who kept shouting "Hey you" which I ignored and kept walking. When he caught up with me (he took the long way around) he asked if I was deaf so I said my best friend was Chinese but he was not HEY YU so I didn't think he was talking to me.

He either thought I was that thick I was not worth worrying about or realised he should have addressed me by name, rank or soldier. Anyway he told me to get off which I was happy to do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mother Jennifer-jen. Father Alan -al or min. Daughters Joanna-jo, Samantha-sam, Stephanie-steph. I don't think you can avoid shortening or nicknames.

Oh yes you can -our Nicole is still Nicole not Nikki or Cole and Juliet is Juliet not Julie, Maxine on the other hand gets called all sorts of things :-?

I did. Though how often do kids get called by their full name? The only time I use their full name is when they have done something wrong/naughty.... my dad used to do the same with me LOL

There are many occasions where a person is referred to by their christian name and surname - not just when calling the roll at school, but on most written correspondence and legal documents. Most unfortunate combinations are usually picked up verbally though by peers, or when the christian name gets truncated. Combinations that spring to mind are Theresa Green and Richard Brace.

Mother Jennifer-jen. Father Alan -al or min. Daughters Joanna-jo, Samantha-sam, Stephanie-steph. I don't think you can avoid shortening or nicknames.

How would you shorten my name?

There are many occasions where a person is referred to by their christian name and surname - not just when calling the roll at school, but on most written correspondence and legal documents. Most unfortunate combinations are usually picked up verbally though by peers, or when the christian name gets truncated. Combinations that spring to mind are Theresa Green and Richard Brace.

There are a lot of unfortunate combinations that you know the parents had to have noticed. The worst names I've ever seen are "Dick Butkis" and a "Richard Asramer"

I've seen a couple cool names though, first that comes to mind is "Forrest Whacker"