Hello all

warm

Hey guys, how's it going.

Thought I should introduce myself here :D. I just started fish keeping, newbie so any advices are welcome. Bought my 60L tank with 3 neon tetras at a garage sale about a week ago hehe. The fish are doing great but I have no idea how to determine whether they are male or female haha :lol:. Anyway, my tank is pretty empty with 3 tetras so anyone know where I can buy some new fish? preferably tetras or guppies since I heard they are great for beginners like me. And I'm in East Auckland btw, Pakuranga more exact. Cheers

Thanks guys, I feel welcome already hehe.

All the neons look the same to me, so either they are all male or all female. Could that be why they don't breed? haha

Joshlikesfish: Mt Roskill is a long drive wouldn't that be bad for the fish? xD I just need a pair or so they will probably fill up the tank later with babies haha.

And how late do you guys feed your fish at night? my neons seem to be sleeping after 7 or 8pm. Is that normal?

Joshlikesfish: Mt Roskill is a long drive wouldn't that be bad for the fish? xD I just need a pair or so they will probably fill up the tank later with babies haha.
Its a hell of a lot better then all the other fish stores around here :lol: If you'd like a trio of guppies (a male and two females to spread the aggression), send me a PM and I'll organize something

Joshlikesfish: Mt Roskill is a long drive wouldn't that be bad for the fish? xD

How far would it be from where you are? 30mins? So long as you package the fish right, 30mins is nothing. People ship fish all over the country, often taking hours or a whole day. If you want to be sure, just keep the fish in a dark, insulated container.

And how late do you guys feed your fish at night? my neons seem to be sleeping after 7 or 8pm. Is that normal?

Personally, my fish sleep when it's dark :lol: Just feed them when the lights are on, if you forget it's not a big deal. Fish can go for two weeks without food.

HTH

heh thanks all for the warm welcome guys, really appreciated. Strong Aucklanders presence in here hehe :D

Yeah it's about half an hour drive to Mt Roskill, but I don't have my own car so prefer somewhere nearby so i can bike, walk or get someone to give me a lift as it's not too far.