We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.
Everything posted by Jelz
-
to all the christchurch fish lovers <3
And from me
-
Angel fish and gourami
I had them together for months... only got rid of the gourami as they were breeding age and trying to breed (blowing beautiful bubble-nests) only to have the angels pop them!! Haha, Ironically I swapped my trio for angels which I'm now having to rehome as the tank is too small now they're all fully grown and the aggression factor is getting worse. Have had angel eggs but the others ate them
- Hi all
-
Ammonia
Bishop the TimTam's are for Phoenix.... he especially likes the PINK ones, while he's indulging in the biscuits you'll have time to grab whatever you need from his filters. Lol. How's your bubba discus Phoenix (I know you'll be reading this, laughing!!)
- Hello all
-
guppy tail almost gone, kill or treat?
I had leopard danio's that did that to my male guppies when I set up my big community tank. One of the guppy male's died (he had a HUGE tail and they ate it OFF) and 3 survived with big chunks taken outta their tail. Keep up the TLC
-
danios
Hiya, what are you gonna put them in with? I've had both and found the leopards to be NASTY, as in nippy as heck for anything with flowing fins.. my male guppies really got a hiding, one they even tortured till it died The zebra's so far have been lovely and not nippy. The leopards are in with the angels now for a taste of their own medicine
-
Advice for attaching java fern/moss?
I tied the fishing nylon onto the wood where I wanted the plants to grow then tucked the roots under it... that was 4 weeks ago, I checked today and all but 1 bunch of moss has taken, (I attached 5 plants and 2 handfuls of moss) I hope this helps
-
CFK Swap Meet
Ok, we'll hold you to that... Hahaha
-
how bad is your MTS at the moment
3 running, 2 empty at the moment
-
Why you chose your username
Mine was my nickname in highschool and the name I use for most sites I am a member of as it's so unusual I don't often need numbers after it. Lol
-
CFK Swap Meet
I NEED a female apisto cockatoo... nah, don't need one but would like one if anyone has one I'm always on the lookout for more neons, harlequins and penguins and would like 3 more albino cory's too (loving the extra space in my new community tank) And Phoenix... do we bring a plate... of tim tam's??!! Lmao
-
CFK Swap Meet
Now, you lot... Who is the tim tam collector? Is that you Phoenix?? Haha, Oh I travel from Wanga's too
-
CFK Swap Meet
Wairarapa is close to Palmy isn't it? Only about an hourish... its well worth the drive to meet all the cool people in CFK!! Hope to see you there
-
CFK Swap Meet
I have 2 male BN's about a yearish old if anyone wants them and have a tank on here FS which I'm happy to bring over with me. I'll throw in a new 55W heater too
-
instead of neons
Hiya, I have emerald eye raspora's, they look awesome when they school... the light catches the emerald behind their eye I'm going to get more when I come to Palmy and Feilding to finish restocking my newly planted 300l community tank
-
Lemon Tetras
Hi Si... I got my angels through the lfs, I just go in there, tell them what I'd like and they order it in, I stipulated strongly that I didn't want them to put the angels in their tank but wanted them to call me AS SOON AS they arrived, which they did, I rushed into the shop and there they were waiting and healthy as in their plastic bags... best bit is that they are actually cheaper ordered in specially than the same fish would be if bought out of their tank (which I had done and lost fish because of that )
-
Central Fishkeepers Visit to Feilding and Bulls
Hiya Ryan, I did say bye, we had to get back as I had work... Would much rather of stayed and socialised with you guys but gotta pay for all these fish somehow I can still take her off your hands if you like? I'm sure the boy wouldn't mind having a Harem like Bilbo's boy has
-
Central Fishkeepers Visit to Feilding and Bulls
What a cool trip and way to meet people... thanks heaps to those who let us invade their houses. What a lot of lovely people you all are and very keen to share your knowledge with me and others... Special thanks to Bilbo for the girl BN... she's settled in already!! Taken over the boys log actually. Hehe. How often do those tank visits happen guys?
-
We have a 25cm Oscar... can we add
Ain't that the truth!! We do weekly 25%'s in our other tanks anyway so thought that the new 1 would be the same too.. difference being we haf to STRIP this tank weekly where as we only vacuum the gravel in the other 3 tanks. Haha, is a messy eater alright, loves live worms, frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp.... Have only had it for 2 weeks and already is eating out of our hands And likes nothing better than a good rub on the side. It can be quite annoying to the Pleco who of course likes nothing better than a good snooze during the day... aggravated the Pleco the other day to the extent that the Pleco rammed the Oscar into the side of the tank!!! What a racket. Lol, was thinking the Oscar would leave the Pleco alone if it had other tank-mates too... would naturally do a good re-arrange when introducing new tank-mates.
-
We have a 25cm Oscar... can we add
Another 2? We're not sure if it's a f or m, previous owner said it had a mate and they were laying but the mate dies. It lives with a 40cm pleco in a 400l tank, we're looking at 2 (not a pair at this stage) 15cm's on TM at the moment as we realise any new additions will need to be big :)Thanks in advance for any advice http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 8Small.jpg I hope that link works
- Hi all
-
Hi from Wanganui :)
Hi again, I've been told since that gourami's are known for jumping... the tank has a lid, the fish escaped thru the corner hole, she's still fine, cruising around with the boy and other girl PHEW!! Lol
-
hi from the wairarapa
Hiya, I'm Janelle, We have 3 tanks, 1 being a guppy tank, no where near as pretty as the one beside your name tho Welcome
-
Hi from Wanganui :)
Hi Mel, thanks I'm trying to figure out how I can post pics on here?