rummy noes spawned

Tom_Shannon

i wanted to try breding rummys so i brought 3 2 girls and a boy had them about 2 weeks fatting them up

last night put them in a tank on there own, in a net with some plants and tonight there is eggs ya

have let them eat them this time cause the light was on just wanted to see if they had spawnd so next step is put in a tank that is blacked out. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i wanted to try breding rummys so i brought 3 2 girls and a boy had them about 2 weeks fatting them up

last night put them in a tank on there own, in a net with some plants and tonight there is eggs ya

have let them eat them this time cause the light was on just wanted to see if they had spawnd so next step is put in a tank that is blacked out. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Rummy noses don't need a completely blacked out tank. You could have had a whole spawn of them.

I had a spawn a couple of years ago. I was away for 10 days and a couple of weeks after I returned I found one tiny survivor.

I think they must have spawned in all the leaf mulch that was around with no one being home to vacuum the community tank although water changes were done every 3 days.

• 1 month later...

where'd you bruy them from? haha

bred these years ago.

lyndy/josh, to answer your question, quite hard to tell the difference, but males are slimmer/more straight. spawn in small tank eg 45cm-60cm long, pH ideally slightly acidic (peat will help), put pair in in afternoon and use java moss or marbles etc to catch the eggs and avoid them being eaten.