July 20, 201016 yr comment_383438 I was just in the pet shop on the way home from school and i noticed some really cool fishies, that i haven't really noticed before, Leopard Fish. They mainly appealed to me because they are small and coldwater, i think.. do you guys think I could put a few of these in a 14L tank? Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383481 Leopardfish, Phalloceros caudimaculatus are lovely little fish and easy to look after. I have not seen them for sale in shops very often. A few would be fine. They are a live bearer and more likely to spawn after a water change Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383510 Boys only reach about 20cm, the females get to 30cm you mean mm? Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383513 Oops, I am useless with numbers! :lol: I meant 2cm and 3cm :oops: Grant tells me that is the same as 20mm and 30mm :-? They are just doohickeys to me on the ruler 8) Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383514 yes. i don't do mm either. cm makes sense to me, but 30 cm is 1ft! Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383518 Excellently thanks Doug. A lot of them went to Christchurch conference and were passed on to southernman (Marty). Another lot went elsewhere (I can't remember who I gave them too :oops: ) and last week my remaining ones went on holiday to participate in the Tasman Club's Fish Display for a week in the Richmond Mall. While there, one of their members fell in love with them so a few remained behind to start a colony over there. The ones left have been producing fry slowly but steadily (which is why I was able to spread them around further) :bounce: Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383519 Good to hear. I was hoping they would spread around as they seemed to be in short supply in the south. Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383520 Well I have spread them from one end of the island to the other!! :lol: Report
July 21, 201016 yr comment_383681 they are cool and soo easy to keep and breed. They are less likely to eat their young than other livebearers like guppies, but they tend to have less fry in one drop. Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_386461 yes. i don't do mm either. cm makes sense to me, but 30 cm is 1ft! This coming from someone who works in a bank. Think 1 CM as 10c 1MM as 1c See simple :lol: Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_386464 yes. but we don't deal with millimetres in banks! its like I only understand temperature in C - but if you are talking about human temperature then I only understand F. Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_386554 yes. but we don't deal with millimetres in banks! its like I only understand temperature in C - but if you are talking about human temperature then I only understand F. Your sdrawkcab :roll: Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_386563 Builders think in mm and dressmakers think in cm while us antiques think in inches. Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_386576 When I was measuring for curtains, I would tell Grant it was 2 meters, 3 inches and a couple of doodackies long. :roll: Report
August 8, 201016 yr comment_386655 No, he knew what I meant but it was the doodackies that got him confused :roll: Report
August 8, 201016 yr comment_386696 yes. but we don't deal with millimetres in banks! 9mm? often used in banks Report
August 10, 201016 yr comment_387046 Oops, I am useless with numbers! :lol: I meant 2cm and 3cm :oops: Grant tells me that is the same as 20mm and 30mm :-? They are just doohickeys to me on the ruler 8) I have 6cm females atleast, they must be monsters, in tropical conditions though Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.