Dawn police raids anyone?

firenzenz

Amazing, but certainly not my cup of tea. IMO its likely to result in thousands of fish being ill-kept and/or flushed, as people buy them on impulse with out researching their requirements or thinking through the ongoing commitment of maintaining an aquarium.

I like them. They would be the only angel I would ever want to own. Pity they will not be aloud here. I don't see them being any different to a fancy betta. well except you can see them in the dark :wink:

but its mean :evil: they did not choose to have it done did they :(

but its mean :evil: they did not choose to have it done did they :(

They did not choose to be hatched, they did not choose to be put into tanks, they did not choose and don't care about much anything past, "LOOK FOOD!" That would be if they had the brainpower to form the thought rather than just react by swimming closer to it with their mouth open.

We will never see them here with the genetic modification hysteria here.

I don't think its very ethical tho IMO, but very interesting and a pretty big scientific achievement.

But would you need to expose them to light first like glow in the dark paint :lol: Or would it save on tank lighting....

They are probably like the danios Maf got onto finally. They are spectacular under a black light, but for me they are about the same as the fish that have been bred short and fat and look like they swam into the end of the tank a bit too fast. Very artificial---might as well get a glow in the dark plastic one from the $2 shop.

:( This is sad. These fish aren't supposed to look like this, it's going to affect their natural behaviour.
I agree.

Could someone explain to me why do we create "new species" during the same time we're destroying some we don't even know the existence, in native forests or oceans for instance ?

Can this be an answer ?

The fluorescent cichlids are expected to hit the ornamental fish market as early as 2012, with a projected value (of production) of at least 60 million dollars annually. (Practical fishkeeping)

Could someone explain to me why do we create "new species" during the same time we're destroying some we don't even know the existence, in native forests or oceans for instance ?

Can this be an answer ?

Pretty much, when people will pay hundreds for a man-made handbag and then scoff at me spending a similar amount on a rare fish it says a lot about our values as a species.