lotz of potz setup log.

phoenix44

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the native shrimp would be ok at 20 degrees, as long as there is sufficient oxygen, and if you have CO2 that means the plants start pumping out the oxygen, I think...

If you let the tank establish then add the shrimp (which seems to be what you are doing anyway) there should be plenty of food for them. They just eat tiny biofilms on surfaces. If you get the balance right the plants should be outcompeting the algae and the shrimp will keep everything else nice and clean :) Though I am guessing that is your idea.

yeah! that's exactly it! you summed it up in 2 lines and I would have taken up 10 :lol: :hail:

Wouldn't you be covering all the sand with glosso anyway? :lol:

Ill go look at some sand then shall I?

No no no don't tear it down! It looks great (unlike my tank). Just take out the big rock, and replace it with something lower and more round, and put a few little rocks at the base of the big one. Then get some glosso in there, and a large clump of sag. microfolia or mondo grass in the LHS. For fish, Emerald-eye rasboras, Danio tinwini or Danio erythromicron would look great.

Barebottom ftw, then just keep the glosso in pots

:lol:

But seriously, the slope is good, youll just have to cut back on the depth of your substrate layer. With glosso surely you can go as thin as 15mm gravel depth at the flattest point?

Watch out with that filter. In a tank that size you are likely to have small fish and I guarantee, even the smallest sized Eheim pickup will eat fish....lots of them. :-? Great filters otherwise...

BTW, I have a single Mosquito rasbora that is looking for a home if anyone wants him...