lotz of potz setup log.

phoenix44

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit - we could have had a 'who has got the best crop of algae' thread!

Looking good P44

Don't worry. It'll look like that in 2 days flat. Its been doing this for a couple of weeks now. Its good for the babies as their food gets caught on it and then they graze.

But today I added a load of comprehensive, another DIY CO2 thing and 10mL of excel. Will see how it goes. :o

Once / if the algae goes away I'll cover the pots in moss. That should look nice I think.

last time i got this algae on the crypt tank I just cut the lights out and used a CFL and its gone now. can't do that in this tank as the glosso might not like that; or if i do cut the lights out and then put them back on when its gone, the algae will just come back.

Yes thats what my algae does - no T5 lights for a couple of days, just 1 T8 and it disappears but the moment the T5 comes back on, off it goes again. So I've decided that because I want the lights and the plant growth I'll put up with the trimming 2-3 times a week and just keep cutting it off the plants :D

I was thinking the same thing Adrienne. I would personally not change the CO2 too quickly and I wouldn't add Excel, at least in any quantity. Normal doses of the nutrients won't hurt though, especially if the plants are using them up as fast as they are added and there are regular water changes. :D

maybe i should take the advice i usually dish out :oops:

Don't worry, we're all guilty of that. I just had to do a major clean out of my CPD tank because I completely ignored it for a month - algae covering every inch and plants so thick I couldn't see any fish. To make things worse, I smashed one of my darios behind the filter when I reattached it. :cry:

yeah, that's partially why I let the algae get like that. I didn't want to mess about with the babies, and now im so incredibly attached to them. They were sooo tiny when i fist saw them and ive been documenting how they have grown over the past month. :D

yeah, that's partially why I let the algae get like that. I didn't want to mess about with the babies, and now im so incredibly attached to them. They were sooo tiny when i fist saw them and ive been documenting how they have grown over the past month. :D

:o Here we go!