June 11, 201016 yr comment_376905 To save me going insane as I work on the new Year Book, I am ready to start on a new jigsaw. Called Amazonas, it is a 4000 piece 136cm x 96cm (approx 4' 5" x 3') Here is the pic I have to follow... Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_376911 Cool, I like to do big puzzles too. I've got a 5000 piece of the Mona Lisa :oops: that i have never got around to doing (the colours are impossible) Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_376912 I had a big one too years ago that had a tiger mom and her cubs on it. It took months to complete and once I thought I was done I found one piece missing, what a waste, I was very sad not too be able to find that piece anywhere, so eventually I let go and got rid of the puzzle only too found the missing piece in my vacuum cleaner when I did a clean up of it, it was dusty but in a good condition LOL How is that for Murphy's law? Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_376913 I didnt know there were Gorillas in the Amazon. Or Tigers. Looks like fun Caryl. Report
June 13, 201016 yr Author comment_377194 An update... There seems to be a fault in the design. I have too many pieces for the right hand edge and not enough for the left :roll: Report
June 13, 201016 yr comment_377197 Just as well Caryl has no cat - my mother finds bits missing and chewed up on the floor sometimes, or he jumps up on the table trying to help... Report
June 13, 201016 yr Author comment_377199 Yep. Actually it is an old drafting table from ye olde Post Office We have to put a board over it for the bigger puzzles though as they are 4cm too high :roll: Also it stops the puzzle pieces sliding on the shiny table top. Can't put it on a sharper angle as they all slide. 8) That is why we are doing the puzzle now - Misty used to walk over it and puzzle pieces would stick to her fur. When Bud was around he would pick up and throw the pieces onto the floor. Pepper would have flapped and scattered them all over - if he wasn't eating them :lol: Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383464 Last time I did a jigsaw, Ratamon stole some bits and chewed the jigs off... Just as bad as cats they are. Report
July 20, 201016 yr comment_383467 Last time I did a jigsaw, Ratamon stole some bits and chewed the jigs off... Just as bad as cats they are. Just as bad? Id say worse, I noticed last week the cable connecting my desktop pc's monitor to the box has been chewed almost all the way through, its fortunate the little blighter didnt get electrocuted, and a miracle the monitor still works. Report
August 18, 201016 yr comment_388407 Whoa ~ Awesome stuff! What do you do once you finish? Does it go back in the box...or do you frame it.... or what? Report
August 18, 201016 yr comment_388417 To save me going insane as I work on the new Year Book, I am ready to start on a new jigsaw. Called Amazonas, it is a 4000 piece 136cm x 96cm (approx 4' 5" x 3') A 4000 piece Jigsaw would cause me to go insane... Report
August 18, 201016 yr Author comment_388419 We glue it, get it framed then hang it. It is the 2nd one of that size we have done. Report
August 18, 201016 yr comment_388475 We put ours back in the box and give it to some other sucker to battle with! Report
August 18, 201016 yr Author comment_388484 Glued and mounted on the wall make them a really good talking point though! Report
August 18, 201016 yr comment_388507 Just as well Caryl has no cat - my mother finds bits missing and chewed up on the floor sometimes, or he jumps up on the table trying to help... ahhh my Birman does that , he see's me at a puzzle and wants to chew on the pieces. Report
August 18, 201016 yr comment_388508 ahhh my Birman does that , he see's me at a puzzle and wants to chew on the pieces. Cats can be strange like that, Skylla has taken interest in sniffing and almost eating aquatic plants I'm dealing with. Must be 'casue they get more attention than she does :lol: Report
August 18, 201016 yr comment_388509 Cats can be strange like that, Skylla has taken interest in sniffing and almost eating aquatic plants I'm dealing with. Must be 'casue they get more attention than she does :lol: yep cats don't like the attention being elsewhere. My Birman (same one as the jigsaw chewer) will bunt me and try and push me off balance if I'm squatting to look at the tank in the main room. Then he walks off lie he doesn't care. Report
August 18, 201016 yr comment_388511 yep cats don't like the attention being elsewhere. My Birman (same one as the jigsaw chewer) will bunt me and try and push me off balance if I'm squatting to look at the tank in the main room. Then he walks off lie he doesn't care. Speak of the devil, she is climbing all over me and getting up in my face :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.