A couple of pics

Adrienne

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics taken tonight after I turned off the T5HO lighting and just left the T8 light on. I'm so pleased with the way these plants are looking. There is a lot more pink on the leaves than the photo shows.

plantedtank.jpg

plantedtank4.jpg

plantedtank3.jpg

hey guys what are we look at here.. :lol:

what type of fish is this?

funny haha - its the plant section. If a fish turned up in here I'd be worried :D

and P44 - they are growing really well. I've broken off and replanted a couple already. It just looks like there are not many plants because I pulled out some of the tank busters and moved these into the gaps. :D

• 1 month later...

Whats the algae Phoenix? I call it hair algae but I have seen that people refer to bba as hair algae. This can develop into a long twisted string and grow about 8cm within a day in my tank, I think that the filter strings it out longer in the current. Treatment?

Looks lovely Adrienne you should be really proud of that.

As mentioned by others. Flourish and Co2 works well on green hair algae, I used a syringe in one extreme case to squirt the excel right on where the hair algae was attached to the plants.

I got a lot of that algae in one of my tanks after a major shift around and removal of some plants - it was very overgrown. The nitrates in the tanks went up abit. Maybe from the disturbance of the gravel. After a couple of weeks of more frequent water changes and some manual removal it disappeared.

My replacement diffuser is now installed :D I just need to get a small power head to diffuse the bubbles lower into the tank as the fx5 tends to blow them across to the far wall where they then surface but its better than them bubbling straight to the surface :D I dose excel anyway so will continue on. I will win the battle :wink: