May 18, 201016 yr comment_372055 Some Pics of mine. I'm still dreaming about getting some true goldens but hopefully it wont be too far away. As discussed before I also have crossed one of these males with a GBA and will continue to work with the offspring. Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372059 Hey Kp, there is some sort of mould/fungus growing in your bamboo I like the coconut house Mr pleco. Report
May 18, 201016 yr Author comment_372138 have you got both the golds and the browns? yes adodge did you cross them with gbas? or did gold ones come in? no these are recessive gene albino red eye longfins seems one of the female longfin bristlenose carries the receessive gene and hence when they bred i got 25% golden but only one female has the gene as another female produced all brown longfin Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372141 :lol: I doubt you Longfinned BNs will take long to find homes if you planned on selling them. I guess it would depend on the price a bit, but still, they sound to be rather rare in NZ and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a sucker for fish I can't have/can't afford. Can't wait to see them grow up. Glad you're posting pics. Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372150 Mine are not remotely interested in breeding and neither do they have the long bristles like yours. ATM I have harlequins sharing the tank but once I move them out I will post some pics. Maybe mine are all females after all :roll: Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372195 Hey Kp, there is some sort of mould/fungus growing in your bamboo That mould/fungus became a parent for the first time last night This is my second pair to spawn. The first pair have spawned 3 times. Report
May 19, 201016 yr Author comment_372196 now yr just showing off 8) well at least the eggs look golden its a good start Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372205 if anyone is selling these longfinned bristlenose can you please pm the price :bounce: Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372208 I'll give you all my plecos P44, cause you're so nice and happy all the time Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372209 Geez...when did I say that ? I Have no recollection at all. There must have been copious amounts of bourbon involved that night. 8) :roll: Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372211 I may have slightly modified what you said... slightly. :oops: :lol: Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372214 I will then pass them onto Aquila b/c because I know she'll love them even more than I do! You know it! :lol: Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372217 You've been bamboozled! Anyways, the BNs look great! Great work! Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372222 I am giving my gold nugget to Jen because I know it would be so happy in her tank. Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372262 if anyone is selling these longfinned bristlenose can you please pm the price :bounce: :bounce: I also am very interested - plse pm me too! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.