turn off predictive text on a Nokia

Caryl

Can anyone tell me how to turn the stupid predictive text off? It is an old Nokia, unsure of the model number. I know it is somewhere weird but can't find it.

I HATE predictive text! :evil:

It never predicts what I am going to say :roll:

even worst when you get predictive txt and cant make out what the person is trying to say... I concure, I too hate it

Nah, young people don't like it cos den dey cant typ lik morons.

I remember a survey where only 15% of people preferred predictive.

Smart young people prefer predictive because they know how to spell the words. :D

I don't use it personally but I usually type everything in full anywho as it's much faster for me to text without it.

Not so smart people who can't spell don't like it because they put all the letters in but the word doesn't come up... :roll:

Don't tell Sam, he will be calling me a fossil again...

I'm still young, I can read that :P

Typically I'll text like this "Th quick brwn fox jumps ovr th lazi dog" but with a keyboard "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog". It's all a matter of convenience really, I can spell perfectly fine and my grammar is good too. Predictive text bothers me too, Mum likes it though :-?

I'm still young, I can read that :P

Typically I'll text like this "Th quick brwn fox jumps ovr th lazi dog" but with a keyboard "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog". It's all a matter of convenience really, I can spell perfectly fine and my grammar is good too. Predictive text bothers me too, Mum likes it though :-?

Hmmm if I'm in a rush or someone iritates me and aren't worth the effort i'll type like

"Hey how are you? What have you been doing lately?"

As

"Wasabi? Wtchu duin?"

Now, someone needs to design a cell phone that can correct misuse of there, their, they're, bought, brought, two, to, too and apostrophes.

:hail:

Arggg the apostrophes.... its and it's, where and we're.... 102.gif

...perhaps instead of designing a phone, someone needs to develop a new school curriculum.... *sound: can of worms opening*

I remember a survey where only 15% of people preferred predictive.

Incidentally, I read somewhere that around 85% of people are idiots....

:lol:

Seriously, its almost as bad about argueing over the toilet seat being left up or down, if phones had come out with predictive text right from the start then absolutely no one would use non-predictive and that stupid txt language that no one can really understand would never have existed. I think the reason the oldies don't like it is because they only send about 3 texts a week so don't get enough practice to learn how to use it. Gie it a week or two of good effort and you'll wonder why you were making such a big deal about it....

I really think it is an age thing. The young ones prefer predictive but us oldies find the other way easier and faster.

I'm a fossil that used to hate predictive but wouldn't be without it now! :D

All you need is someone patient (my brother in my case) to sit and explain it to you. I used to say "am never gonna use predictive.... "

I am pretty easy either way---I will worry about it when I feel the need to get a mobile phone.

Ah, still use mah career pidjuns and thet's the way ah lahk it! Ah don't need none of these new fangled telegraphamajigs!

Hehe, I haven't yet bought a cell phone, actually. All mine have been hand me downs from the wifey.