Guess what I found this morning when I opened....

pufferfishnz

My rabbits sleeping box..................BABIES!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! I'm a mum (sort of!!)

Dont know how many, just had a quick look to see if there was babies, then covered them up and left mum to it!

Funny cos it was supposed to be sister and sister in there....turns out it wasnt! hehe, it happens!

When I can I will get some photos up!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the safe arrival of you Baby Bunnies :bounce:

I used to breed Mini Lop Earred Rabbits for Animates, beautiful wee creatures, you will be suprised at how quick they grow.

Just a word of warning, I would be seperating Dad from Mum, they are prolific Breeders, Dad will usually mate again with Mum as soon as she has finished giving birth. May already be to late, you may find you end up with another Litter of Kits in around 4 weeks time.

Good Luck :D

thanks all. mum and dad are seperated now, but yes it may be too late...oh well we will find out later!

when i can i will post some photos!

I have had this "girls" for 3 months! so no she wasnt pregnant when i got her

Yea i figured that it didnt matter if it was the brother or uncle with sister or mum etc....the only animal that the whole "incest" thing doestn apply!!

There is 3 babies that i could see before, but i will be leaving them too it for a few days!

:)

As a kid we had a rabbit on its own for about a year and then one day it had babies lol. It must have been more than friends with a wild rabbit through the cage

That same thing happened to my friends! Twice! they re-named their rabbit "Virgin Mary"

• 5 weeks later...

we got our male tony neutered so we didnt end up with babies however we may still have to get the female molly fixed as she dominates tony and wont leave him alone. its also difficult to explain to kids why the mummy rabbit is doing that to the daddy rabitt :lol: it cost the same as a cat at our vet $80 but it will vary a lot from vet to vet

ive found tony to be a much nicer rabbit since he was fixed too