Cellphone, opinions please

supasi

Hi all

I want to know who has or has used a Nokia E63 Cellphone.

nokia-e63-smartphone.jpg

Vodafone have them on sale for $399 at the moment and my old faithful Sharp is nearing the life of its faithfullness.

I have read some reviews, but want to know what peoples opinions are firsthand.

I want a QWERTY cellphone and the fact its Wi Fi appeals to me. No GPS but oh well.

I like the fact I can take pics with phne on upload direct with my wireless network. All from comfort of fish room. LOL

So people, share your opinons. I want to make sure its worthwhile purchase before I spend precious fish money

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackberry :bounce: :bounce: wins hands down, QWERTY keyboard is fantastic and easy to use. Remembers all words and never forgets!

Unlimited memory, in the 2 yrs I had mine I never had to delete a single message and could use search to pull up a name and find any message ever sent or received.

GPS - rules, why have a ph that doesnt have it! Recharges on the computer and you can still use it hence u don't need a separate car charger if you already have a USB charger in your car.

Heaps of free stuff online to download, your ring tome can be any song you have downloaded.

Just my opinion Simon.

jsut watch out of the model of blackberry you get if yo ugo that route - some models break more than others - stear clear of the 8100 and 8110 pearls !!!

Blackberry :bounce: :bounce: wins hands down, QWERTY keyboard is fantastic and easy to use. Remembers all words and never forgets!

Unlimited memory, in the 2 yrs I had mine I never had to delete a single message and could use search to pull up a name and find any message ever sent or received.

GPS - rules, why have a ph that doesnt have it! Recharges on the computer and you can still use it hence u don't need a separate car charger if you already have a USB charger in your car.

Heaps of free stuff online to download, your ring tome can be any song you have downloaded.

Just my opinion Simon.

That new phone looks nice but im not really a fan of all those small buttons

Just my opinion Simon.

Ive had an iPhone since they came out and the do everything a blackberry can do and more, ipod,video,internet/wi.fi,pictures,text,calls,games,gps,weather,photo albums etc.

mine is a first generation so has wireless, 16GB. so i dont need an expensive plan :D

If I were you I would stay with either nokia or sony ericsson, and usually, when TSP's provide cheaps phones its because they have lots left of a model no one wants. If you dont use pix and video phoning, if you have a camera already, I wouldnt go there tbh. Better off with something more fuctional and reliable, nothing beats the ol nokia BL range, 10 years and still in production, must say something.

Dont fix what isnt broken!

I have a Nokia e75 and a Nokia 5800 and a Nokia n81 8gb :o :lol:

The keypad on the e63 is absolutely terrible.

and i mean terrible. really, its hard to press 1 button at a time unless you are some sort of a midget or have midget hands - which you don't so would find it a right pain.

the camera on the 63 can be grainy too

Well thats where I made sure I was saying if you want purely a cell phone, for calling and texting, then nokia or SE. But if its doing much much more then that I really dont know, Samsung seem to be up there in the market for a reasonable price, but this is technology I really dont have time for....If you want a Phone, for calling and Text, my statement still stands, old nokia or SE. If your after the everything in the palm of your hand then I really dont know, none so far are reasonably priced to withstand a bushmans lifestyle

I'm looking for a new cellphone to replace my Motorola V360. Silly husband has lost his cellphone and instead of getting him a new one I want to give him my V360 and get a new one for myself. I was looking at the Vodafone 541, mainly because its half price at the moment at $149.00. Does anyone have one of these?

I don't use my phone all that often, mostly for txting taking photos and sometimes browsing the internet, so looking at spending under $300. It must have a micro SD card slot, USB connection so I can connect it to my laptop and be able to play MP3s as ringtones. Perhaps any other suggestions?

I'm looking for a new cellphone to replace my Motorola V360. Silly husband has lost his cellphone and instead of getting him a new one I want to give him my V360 and get a new one for myself. I was looking at the Vodafone 541, mainly because its half price at the moment at $149.00. Does anyone have one of these?

I don't use my phone all that often, mostly for txting taking photos and sometimes browsing the internet, so looking at spending under $300. It must have a micro SD card slot, USB connection so I can connect it to my laptop and be able to play MP3s as ringtones. Perhaps any other suggestions?

I was showing a customer one of these today.

It has literally no buttons on the front so no good if you touch text. I found the touch screen annoying, but it does come with a stylus so would make it easier to use. Its quite nicely featured for its price, Bluetooth, fm radio, mp3, 1.3mp camera, sd card slot etc.

It is a typical "girls phone" meaning most girls would like it, but not as many guys.

Thats just my opinion, so dont shoot me for speaking out people.