Cellphone, opinions please

supasi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was showing a customer one of these today.

It has literally no buttons on the front so no good if you touch text. I found the touch screen annoying, but it does come with a stylus so would make it easier to use. Its quite nicely featured for its price, Bluetooth, fm radio, mp3, 1.3mp camera, sd card slot etc.

It is a typical "girls phone" meaning most girls would like it, but not as many guys.

Thats just my opinion, so dont shoot me for speaking out people.

I had a look at the Vodafone 541, didn't really like it. So I bought a Samsung C5510. :D

Caryl, plenty of big screens around on cellphones now! Seems to be the trend. The one I just bought is a good deal bigger than my previous one. :)

Can I ask, from a females perspective, What didnt you like about the 541??

Just out of interest :lol:

Well, I thought it was a bit big. And I would have liked to have seen a working demo, like trying to use the touch screen and stuff. And I couldn't imagine how it would work texting with it. I'm still mastering txting on a normal phone. I'm not a fast txter hehe

I looked at those ones with the qwerty keyboards too, the buttons are so small, how on earth to people type with those things?? super tiny fingers?? I ended up mashing a bunch of buttons together trying to just push one button.

The phones are the same..

Nope not at all.

Vodafone is way MORE net friendly so If I wanted to get a phone so I could play my apps on facebook while I am on the go then I have to go with Vodafone :roll:

telecoms system is still not updated and all you can do on their phones is check E-mail and surf normal sites, but can't use any apps or games :/

Of course you can always buy there games tho ;)

I have an XT phone and there is no problem with the net or games. In fact its actually good. I also have a vodafone on account that ive had for over 5-6 years now and that's not too bad either.

When I went in to look to buy one

I couldn't even get onto the face book apps ;)

So can you get them on your telecom phone if so how.?

That has more to do with the phones browser

Yip your spot on to.

Vodafone has a better net support and a better browser ;)

Can't wait to get one, Telecoms new systems is no better then what they had and in no way have they upgraded there net support or browser.

So I say go Vodafone as they seem to be the ones that are making their systems work for people.

no no. it does not have to do with vodafone or telecom but the browser that the phones use.

I use s60 devices - (nokia) and their browsers are brilliant.

you can always download opera for your phone and use that as the default browser.

sort of like saying the internet company is no good when it is not the internet companies fault but the browser's fault, i.e Internet explorer.

HTH.

no no. it does not have to do with vodafone or telecom but the browser that the phones use.

I use s60 devices - (nokia) and their browsers are brilliant.

you can always download opera for your phone and use that as the default browser.

sort of like saying the internet company is no good when it is not the internet companies fault but the browser's fault, i.e Internet explorer.

HTH.

I asked them about downloading safari (sp) and they said ya can't do that.?

Oh I might have to get you to show me next time I see ya :D