Who or what did this?

SamH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my female betta in the hospital tank right now because she broke her ventrals trying to get under the driftwood and they wern't healing as fast as I'd like in the main tank.

She's got 1 1/2 teaspoons in about 18L of water, she seems to be doing ok with that.

I think adodge has recommended up to 1g/L in the past and a teaspoon is about 5.5g depending on how fine.

what about acriflavine for finrot?

I too have suffered the shock of finding my beautiful man in ruins!

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx35 ... CN1420.jpg

Not quite as bad as that SamH but I was sure mine wasn't going to survive. I added salt initially (once) then did water changes daily for about 10 days - he took about 3 days to come right and hasn't looked back since. The finage has started growing back but it is very slow and looks almost transpearant. (I have no idea how to spell that word!)

Hope he comes right for you also SamH

I had a strange disease strike my kokopu last december. It seemed to burrow through one tail and the membranes just fell away leaving the fin rays exposed and tattered. Then it started attacking the rest of my fish in a similar manner. After a week or so four of the five were dead, most with little visible damage. Decided it was an internal infection that did them, possibly an aeronomas (sp?).

The one fish that did survive took months before it was eating enough and not losing weight, and about seven months before its tiny piece of lost fin grew back.

Reading over your posts I really hope it is not similar, especially looking at the pic and seeing how the rays are there but the membranes are gone.

Just make sure you are totally pedantic about cross-contamination.