August 12, 200917 yr comment_322920 How many discus could be kept in a 250L planted tank? I would be getting themat around 2cm and growing them on to about 6-8cm(?) in a BB tank first. Tankmates would be Cardinal tetras pencilfish and a few corys Just throwing around ideas here. Report
August 12, 200917 yr comment_322921 I'd go with 6 I have 6 Discus in my 215 Ltr Tank I have them in with Keyholes, Cardinals, Rummynoses and a couple of Whiptails, ohh nearly forgot my Loaches :roll: 3 x Water Changes a Week, of around 80%, on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday They all seem Happy and Healthy :bounce: Report
August 12, 200917 yr Author comment_322952 you dont do wc's dixon! :lol: I will! They new tanks about 27cm from a window :lol: And we're in the process of making a attachment for the kitchen sink for warm w/c's :lol: Report
August 12, 200917 yr comment_323021 Seriously you have to do WCs! Otherwise just keep your Ember Tetra's. lol Report
August 12, 200917 yr Author comment_323022 Seriously you have to do WCs! Otherwise just keep your Ember Tetra's. lol Nah the ember tetras are gonezors :lol: Report
August 12, 200917 yr Author comment_323024 1 discus and don't worry about the wc's this sort Im sure i could fit uite a few more than 1 in th tank :lol: Report
August 12, 200917 yr comment_323025 If its your first time for discus I would recommend getting them at 5-6cm minimum and growing them on to full size. At 2cm you will be needing daily 90% plus water changes if you want to keep them alive, healthy and growing, or they will be stunted. A good rule of thumb is 1 discus per 50 litres of water. Report
August 13, 200917 yr Author comment_323151 Angels it is then! :lol: I dont have enough to pay $60+ for 5-6 6-7cm discus's :lol: Report
August 15, 200917 yr Author comment_323587 $60 is cheap for a discus, go on take the plunge Not cheap enough for me at the moment though :lol: Report
August 15, 200917 yr comment_323610 If your not so good with the Water Changes, I would stick with the Angels. But if you do decide to go with Discus I would definitely go with the Bigger ones. Report
September 24, 200917 yr comment_331340 lol after raising 5 discus from 3cm I don't think I will EVER do that again! so time consuming, would rather pay $50-$100 per larger discus Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.