here are some sad/sick people in the world

livingart

I disagree. Only people who have a violent personality will do this, not nice kids playing violent games. If it's in you, then video games may bring it out. I play GTA VC but that hasn't made me any more violent, I'm still disgusted by this incident.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Only people who have a violent personality will do this, not nice kids playing violent games. If it's in you, then video games may bring it out. I play GTA VC but that hasn't made me any more violent, I'm still disgusted by this incident.

I agree with you too Sam. I was bought up on video games, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil and the like. And do enjoy a good bloody rampage through the streets of GTA but you don't see me bringing it into real life.

Personally I think its a combination of mental instability and bad parenting.

EVERYONE has it in them to kill another living creature.

its just there are some that need a lower stimulus to perform the deed. you can blame it on genetics, childhood (or the lack of it), violent video games....whatever. its still wrong. and the idiots that killed those birds need to be taught a really nasty lesson in life.

I too played GTA VC and other such "violent" video games.

Fact remains where are the parents? why can they not pick up on sociopathic behaviour?

where were they when the kids were growing up? castrate them and the kids. end of problems.

Also this sort of behaviour was present in other generations, just directed elsewhere. I'm not going to get into detailed discussions about which generation was the most brutal, but I think if you look into the history of human behaviour there have always been people who chose to inflict pain and violence on others. Just sometimes that behaviour was overlooked by authorities when it was focussed in a certain direction (eg race hate crimes, war crimes).

You cannot be certain whether they were indeed kids, or maybe someone older. Maybe this person was acting on revenge because the owner wronged him? Who knows...there are no excuses, don't get me wrong.

I do believe/agree that they are a sociopath though..and its a shame no one noticed before this happened :(

Unfortunately, we can't rely on castration to fix the problem, as there is no proof that it is genetic.

But maybe the world would be a better place, if you had to pass some kind of test before you were allowed to reproduce! :roll:

EVERYONE has it in them to kill another living creature.

its just there are some that need a lower stimulus to perform the deed. you can blame it on genetics, childhood (or the lack of it), violent video games....whatever. its still wrong. and the idiots that killed those birds need to be taught a really nasty lesson in life.

I too played GTA VC and other such "violent" video games.

Fact remains where are the parents? why can they not pick up on sociopathic behaviour?

where were they when the kids were growing up? castrate them and the kids. end of problems.

I haven't caught up with any updates.. was it kids /teens that did this?

You can almost guarantee it. Many crimes are committed by specific segments of the population. By far the most common arsonist is a 13-16 year old white male for example. Criminal profiling is an interesting study...

jeez ya all had me scared to death for a moment! i haven't seen my Muppet all morning :-?

My birdy still hasn't cum home. :cry: I hope no-one decided to do to her what they did to all the birds down south. VERY out of character for her to be gone for longer than even and hour and she always comes when she called. Ova 24 hrs now and not a tweet.

Oh yeah, the likelyhood that it is someone younger is definitely strong...the older ones have probably moved away from killing animals and are onto people by now!

All I'm saying is that its not written in stone. Maybe it was some gang initiation? Are there any gangs in Timaru? :oops:

You can almost guarantee it. Many crimes are committed by specific segments of the population. By far the most common arsonist is a 13-16 year old white male for example. Criminal profiling is an interesting study...

My birdy still hasn't cum home. :cry: I hope no-one decided to do to her what they did to all the birds down south. VERY out of character for her to be gone for longer than even and hour and she always comes when she called. Ova 24 hrs now and not a tweet.

You must be worried sick, Loopy...

Hope she turns up soon.

Very Sad

I haven't caught up with any updates.. was it kids /teens that did this?

Why did it have to be kids/teens?

Why not a old unsatble man/women or a drunken man on the way home from the Tavern???

I cant stand that kids get the first finger pointed at!!!

Example stabbing in cambridge... All members involved over 30!!! Its not just kids that break the law you know!

Very Sad

Why not a old unstable man/women or a drunken man on the way home from the Tavern???

Example stabbing in cambridge... All members involved over 30!!! Its not just kids that break the law you know!

that was my point Charlie.. there were a few posts before mine presuming it was kids.. I hadn't heard any updates so was asking the question.. was it kids? because that's the way people were talking. I wasn't making that assumption at all but thought perhaps I had missed something.

Perhaps you should have read a few of the posts before mien instead of picking mine out! I asked the question ... i didn't make the presumption.

and I agree... I don't like fingers pointed at anyone without substantiation... regardless as to what's the norm.

eeeew poor birds, just read that articles now - it's birds now but whoever it is might move on to people next, when there's no feelings attached to attacks like these usually mean a gradual build up to more violent actions..I've been reading too many crim books

might not even be a kid from a bad household or gang related - I knew a guy who went to a brother school as us and his family was rich but negligent and he shot his cat for fun in 3rd form or something, parents didn't do anything to punish him and the matter was just ignored. His parents were just too busy to even care

Sad world

:oops: looks like I'm out voted....but you have to ask yourself, it is fairly well agreed on that a child who witnesses abuse in their family can be affected in later life and even become abusive themselves as adults.

And yet most of us are quite happy to let our kids play video games where they can digitally murder another digital person, or games such as Grand theft Auto, where they steal cars, and break the law, and then say, nooo, it has no effect on them, they know it's just a game, they're just having fun.

I know most of you are pointing out right now that games like GTA are R18, but I know of at least 3 kids under 13 who play it, so we're back to irresponsible parenting, but are games where you can graphically shoot and kill another person or actively break the law really necessary? Are you sure it's not teaching them something? I have 3 children and I know just how impressionable they are, they're like little sponges, they soak up everything.

I saw a preview for that saw3 movie a while back and it made me almost sick to my stomach, man it was evil to the core. why do we need to watch something like that? and there are heaps of similar movies now, and kids will watch them, teenagers especially will suck that stuff up. Anywho, I've gone way off subject, and I apologize if I've upset some people, but I felt I needed to explain myself.

Cheers

Very Sad

Why not a old unsatble man/women or a drunken man on the way home from the Tavern???

Stabbings, iirc tend to be committed more by 20 and up. "Kids/teens" tend more towards beatings, frequently in groups.