Rescaped tank ideas? (Pictures)

SamH

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it! Removed water as abovee, shifted tank and only needed to add 12L of tap water. Still waiting for it to settle, the fish can wait till tomorrow. Now all I need is an oversized external, lily pipes, a CO2 diffuser and a drop checker.

Here's some pics, tell me what you think (P44, no looking until after your assignment!):

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

I agree with Morcs, even an edge that goes just below the lamps will stop the glare from the lighthood. It also may help hide the bush pig wiring job that I am turning a blind eye to...

See if you can get some 16mm capping to run down the wall to hide the cable, not the ugly top hat shaped stuff, either, the one with the lid.

I think you need a mirror reflector in between the wood and the tubes.

A rim on the wooden thing to reduce glare.

And possibly rescape the tank on the RHS where its over grown. what is your vision for the tank?

Apart from that I'm mighty impressed with you DIY skills. :D :lol:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PS- fill the tank up more. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback and compliments guys. I should have added- I threw all this together in a mad rush half hour. The lights need some work, namely a reflector and a bit lower, I'm going to let the plants go wild for a while then trim them right back, the Riccia is in a really bad form, might lower the tank down to half way just for P44 and my vision? Not a clue.

Okay, so I built the "light-hood today". Just abit of 60 x 30 cm MDF with a 5cm lip on the front and the bulb holders screwed in. 20cm lines run from the shelf to the lights so now there's only a 10cm gap between the water and bulbs.

Moved the fish in today, all seem happy but I'm a bit worried that the Ottos will jump out when they're chasing each other around. Looking for the perfect, jump-proof, schooling fish to go in here. Something small in a school of 10+. Any ideas?

Anyways, here's the last pics for a while, now I'm going to let the tank run wild.

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

Looks awesome now :D

Id say get xray tetras, they look really really cool(if they are the coloured ones, yellows with blues) HFF have them on special, 5 for $11 or something.

p-39513-xray-tetra.jpg

Vampire tetras would be cool if we could get them

1vptetrab.jpg

or discus tetras for that matter, silver dollars without getting the size of a dinner plate

discus-tetra.jpg

could just get some silver hatchets.

those vampire tetras look mean as

But hatchets jump p44 :roll: :( And yes those Vamps do look mighty awesome. We can't get those Discus tetras over here, not on the list :x Yeah, X-Rays look cool but the colours would drain against my light sand.

Thanks for the suggestions and compliments Morcs.

Ember Tetras are awesome :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: , you should stick glowlight or lemon tetras in there

or some rasboras.... glowlights or harlequins....

neons, cardinals, barbs.....

danios... (enough ideas yet :wink::D ) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I recon you should stick a school of 15 instead of 10 as well (if its a 2ft tank that is....

Maybe even threadfin rainbows