How fast can you type?

Zev

Net Speed: 39 WPM

(words/minute)

Accuracy: 95%

Gross Speed: 41 WPM

(words/minute)

Not bad for only using 2 fingers on each hand. I can type faster when I am doing my own words, not copying what is on a screen. I wish I had taken the commercial course at school as I would have learned touch typing (which both my kids can do at great speed!) instead of the professional course. I am finding typing more useful than French! :roll:

In my day (before computers were invented) you couldn't choose individual subjects, you chose a block "course" of subjects. At least I was able to pass individual School Certificate (ye olde NCEA) subjects. In Grant's day (even older than mine) you didn't get School Cert unless you passed all 5 subjects. Math, English and Geography were compulsory too! :lol:

Net Speed: 68 WPM

(words/minute)

Accuracy: 98%

Gross Speed: 69 WPM

(words/minute)

Interesting to see the trade off between speed and accuracy though. Tried it again to do it without correcting anything but I just couldn't stop myself from automatically hitting the backspace :(

That was my problem too Phantom. Plus, arthritis in the fingers means they don't work as fast as my brain so I often get letters reversed like ew instead of we. Er instead of Re is another one I do often because my left hand is worse than my right :cry:

hehe I just tried out all the different ones. Actually do get quite a range of results depending on the combination of words and how many other characters are used (such as ",'- etc). Best effort was on the test instructions. That one was really easy for me to do for some reason.

Net Speed: 85 WPM

(words/minute)

Accuracy: 100%

Gross Speed: 85 WPM

(words/minute)

96WPM

Accuracy: 95%

It was really hard to stop myself correcting. I found the baseball one the easiest, although I really don't care about the American Association of the Joint Committee or whatever it is.

I was typing on my laptop in bed, so I'm pretty pleased with that. When I'm typing stuff I know my typing speed is about 120 words per min, which is good, it means I can keep up in lectures!