June 12, 200917 yr comment_311827 Anyone know where I can grab some cheap filter wool in bulk? Report
June 12, 200917 yr comment_311831 Yup yup. Any fabric stores stock poly-batting by the metre. Usually 150cm wide. Also they sell it in bags by weight and you just pull bunches off to use. Report
June 12, 200917 yr comment_311848 I was told you had to be careful of the stuff with fire retardant and mould inhibitors in it. Since I assume all of it has these now days I gather nobody has had problems using it? I too use the same stuff but mine is old and was produced before fire retardants and stuff became mandatory. :roll: Report
June 12, 200917 yr comment_311912 Why not try your local paint sprayer the filter wool they use is excellent and works out a lot cheaper. Report
June 12, 200917 yr comment_311915 I was told you had to be careful of the stuff with fire retardant and mould inhibitors in it. Since I assume all of it has these now days I gather nobody has had problems using it? I too use the same stuff but mine is old and was produced before fire retardants and stuff became mandatory. Not all of it has mould or fire retardant in it, The stuff I use is made as quilt batting and I have been using it for years with out a problem. It has not got any mould or fire retardants in it as they change the texture and quilts are really fussy :roll: . Report
June 20, 201115 yr comment_441528 Would Dacron be suitable? Shewho has a bit left over from cushons etc, I was thinking of shoving it in my cannister to replace the 8 year old munted bit of wool that's still in there. Report
June 20, 201115 yr comment_441571 Would Dacron be suitable? Shewho has a bit left over from cushons etc, I was thinking of shoving it in my cannister to replace the 8 year old munted bit of wool that's still in there. As long as its not treated with any anti bacterial or any fungal chemicals it will be fine. Report
June 20, 201115 yr comment_441590 It normally written on the bag that It comes in but if you have lost the original bag then I wouldn't risk it. Most Dacron that is marketed for stuffing pillows has a mold inhibitor added. Report
June 21, 201115 yr comment_441713 What about fire retardant? I thought it was compulsory in dacron and fillers now? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.