keeping saltwater fish to eat

fishbreeder

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live next door to the Lion man's lion park. The paddock next to use is full of un-wanted horses that get used for one thing ..... they are all very friendly. most of them were peoples pets & they interact with our kids alot, unfortunately the nice ones aren't there for long enough to enjoy them. it's an unfortunate reality of living, getting old & dying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sorry, to me, a real Animal\Pet-lover, would NEVER eat their Pets! :evil:

It's the way of life on the farm. We raised a pig specifically for the freezer. Does this mean I'm not an "real" animal lover? No. That's a very judgemental thing to say... And you're being way too emotional about things. Go live on a farm for a while. That must make farmers cruel heartless people.

Doesnt make you a bad person, Im juss glad Im not like you guys, lol.

And I think the majority of use are glad we're not you ;)

You would've never survived in older times. I'm sure every animal back then had some sort of purpose and if they outlived it they were eaten.

Why is it that everyone on here thinks that their was is the only right way?? (no angry icon to use :( )

I personally have no problem with eating a pet but I think that Mystic is right to say she would not and I think people need to just drop it and stop telling people how to live their life!

I think everyone should have to raise, catch, kill, gut, pluck, cook, and eat a chicken before they pass judgement either way. Its very easy to just pull something out of the freezer at the Supermarket without knowing its true value.

That is like telling a Muslim that they have to eat beef and pork before saying if it is ok to eat

Why is it that everyone on here thinks that their was is the only right way?? (no angry icon to use :( )

I personally have no problem with eating a pet but I think that Mystic is right to say she would not and I think people need to just drop it and stop telling people how to live their life!

That is like telling a Muslim that they have to eat beef and pork before saying if it is ok to eat

Get off your high horse. You have missed the point entirely, which is:

Until you have actually raised an animal for food you really don't know what goes into it and aren't in a position to judge either way. Comprehende? Whether you choose to actually eat it or not isn't relevant.

oh give it up conch!

no one round here wants to here you going on about how you think your right right right!

mystic doesnt want to eat her pets, some are all too happy to do that. Comprehende?

if your not here to talk about the original title of this post, then dont talk at all!

i for one would love to have an aquarium with the capacity to even contain, let alone breed/ grow salties!

If i was a woman I'd be offended! ha ha ha. :lol:

tall lanky dude like me could do with some meat on me.

fish is high in protein and low in fat - and me being nutritionally conscious and all... lol. mmmmmmmmmm fishiiess.. (maybe ill eat the other pets too).

Not really. If i was on an island with no food, and nothing to eat at all - genetically I would eat him for survival.

they did a similar test with chimps.... shoved a mother with her kids in a cement tank, and slowly filled it with water. initially the mother held her baby above the water, and then when it came to survival the mother shoved the kid under her and jumped on it to get higher to the top. such behaviour for survival is genetic - and it ensures the survival of a species. :D

He got dunked in the tank once. his fault really - didn't notice the lids were off and he walked straight in. he was pretty disgusted, so he pooped on the angel fish when he got out.

i think theres a line for eating pets, everyones lines are in different places. I would eat any of my pets that in my mind are table food, could never eat tropical fish or cats, dogs etc

growing up on a dairy farm i had a beef calf every year for pet day, he would be like a friend and since i reared him he was always in alot better condition than his brothers and sisters. Would be killed and put in the freezer when he was big enough. YUM my calves when grown up had the tastiest steaks :lol:

and dont get me started on the pet lambs and pigs and trout and chickens etc... mmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it

we even used to put a salt lick for cows at back of the farm next to the bush, deer used to always come for the salt and end up in the freezer.

aswell as place our dead calves etc at back of farm as bait for the wild pigs

each to their own, no1s right or wrong

they did a similar test with chimps.... shoved a mother with her kids in a cement tank, and slowly filled it with water. initially the mother held her baby above the water, and then when it came to survival the mother shoved the kid under her and jumped on it to get higher to the top. such behaviour for survival is genetic - and it ensures the survival of a species.

I find that very hard to believe, who are they????

I guess it depends where / how you grew up.

Growing up on a farm (or in a rural community), you come to understand how the world goes around.

Pet lambs, yum yum :D

Eating tropical fish? Bit harder, since they are with you all the time, a sheep, its still a mass of wool that follows you around because you give it milk :/

That behaviour changes after about 2 years, no longer do they want to be anywhere near a human, because it dosent provide food