training a lorikeet?

gem_scott

they dont have cages any more. they have their own room, but are free to roam the place. there are cages in that we had to keep them safe incase a new dog or something was on the property. its a very scary thought, losing one of them

a lady that came into the pet shop told me how her lorikeet got tangled in one of those ladders with rope holding the ladder rings together, and it died. it is always safest to assume the worst will happen when you buy toys etc for them. so choose the safest, strongest, sturdiest ones.

lucky you were able to rescue Olly chilli!!!!!!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats why id wait to buy a house so they can have there own nice room that they can carve up if the wanted :lol:

olly always broke things as he was walking buy(rubber seals were his favorate)

oh and also stealing money off the customers and yelling NO OLLY,GET BACK IN YOUR CAGE

Then he would whistle the great escape tune as he is opening his door

he was sweat tho he also whisperd psst come over hear and give me a kiss

Oh i miss him

there very smart birds

olly also rang the phone and answered it and spoke half a conversation(very funny)

and you could always tell what he learnt from who,coz it was there vioce exactly

told the boss off when olly swore in bosses vioce

couldnt say it wasnt him :lol:

sorry gem

im babbling on about olly,he was sutch a cool bird friend to have and im sure when you get your little one and you put the wright time into him/her it will pay off with a funny friend(love it when lorries roll over and kick there toys up in the air)

Oh my yes Lori's love playing around on the ground, they are more "foot" birds

gemz make sure you give your lori PLENTY of toys hanging toys and also foot toys

My little guy loves rolling around on his back shaking his balls

opps that sounded rather rude .. I should of said

rolling on his back shaking his rattle balls :oops:

lolz dont worry i knew what you ment, yeah we have lots of balls for him to play with.

we were told that they love the crinkley cat balls so we got one of them too

oh god.. that video. i should have been warned! rusty does nothing but meow and cough when she comes on. he likes cats, and meowing. gives me a right headache! lol. that is one cute lori though!

oh sorry lolz. Yeah its so cute! are they all that good at talking? like the meowing, does it always sound like an actual cat?

cause mine will definately be a meower (my cats always meow!)

like humans some are as clear as a bell and worth listening to

p.s. don't let your smoke alarms go off too often :wink:

oh no! my boarder burns almost all his food! :o the alarms go off alot and the microwave beeps lots when its done and the fridge is broken and beeps too! im going to have a beeping bird lolz

i hope atleast the fridge is done by the time it gets here.

this should be interesting hehe

You'll be very surprised what noises they pick up,

my birdie does the phone ring exactly the same, so alike that I answer the phone only to find it's the bird ringing - I usually change the ring every now and then

Also does the beeps on the mircowave and barks like the dogs very well

Bud the wonder budgie imitates the phone ringing but is quieter so easy to distinguish him from the real thing!

We used to have a wild magpie locally that imitated a phone too. You would be out at the clothes line and think it was your phone. Luckily for me, the phone he imitated had a slightly lower pitched ring to mine so it only took me a moment to listen and realise it was not my phone.

Bud the wonder budgie imitates the phone ringing but is quieter so easy to distinguish him from the real thing!

We used to have a wild magpie locally that imitated a phone too. You would be out at the clothes line and think it was your phone. Luckily for me, the phone he imitated had a slightly lower pitched ring to mine so it only took me a moment to listen and realise it was not my phone.

yeah magpies are really good at talking aye? my mum used to talk to one when she was little and i think she said it was trying to imitate her.

my friends budgie calls the dog and mumbles to himself constantly (except when you try to get him to talk)lolz