A couple of photos from the Parrot Ranch

Rozski

Popped down to the Parrot Ranch near Levin today to check it out 8) Nice area they have there, really well laid out. Bit sad to see the parrots in cages sometimes, but they all look well cared for. LOVED the native NZ gecko's especially. Thought I'd share a couple of photos:

Ye ole Beardie

BeardieSmall.jpg

Day Gecko:

DayGeckoSmall.jpg

Green Gecko. Anyone here keep these guys?:

GreenGeckoSmall.jpg

Macaw. Hard to get nice photos of the birds as they are all behind fine wire, so the only real decent ones are the closeups that you don't see the wire in:

MacawSmall.jpg

Can't remember the name of these guys, but they are endangered in the wild. Only the females have these red irises:

ParroteyeSmall.jpg

Not part of the ranch, but spotted this guy at the river where we stopped on the way home:

SpiderSmall.jpg

Hope you like :bounce:

Partner got the film from one of his film cameras developed today. Had to lol, he took this photo whilst I was macro-ing it up with the spider:

37910001Small.jpg

Hans, I thought you were one of the people who had gecko's? or did I mix you up with someone else. I know there was a thread on here a while back, thought it was yours, but searching gecko brings up like, 3 threads, none really directly related at all.

Very nice pics :bow::bow: When I first read "parrot" and then saw the first pic... :lol: :lol: :lol: ! I know you have different wildlife than we do but those parrots sure are funny looking, ok now, you know I'm kidding, right :o 8) :lol:

Caper