What do you feed your fighters?

Jaide

microworms, bbs, some crumbly mix (can't remember what its called and its too hot today to walk out to the shed to look), bloodworms (not often though), and once in a blue moon, flakes.

They also quite like the algae discs I throw to the bn.

I generally feed mine bloodworms, brine shrimp and sometimes red flake - they seem fussy though so would like some suggestions on what else to feed them.

Might I suggest caution with bloodworms as it can contribute towards dropsy in fighters, among other things. Mine love decap shrimp and Tetramin Pro crisp, and they get bloodworms sometimes. The fishstores have specific Betta food but never used so have no idea what it's like? Cheers.

Might I suggest caution with bloodworms as it can contribute towards dropsy in fighters, among other things. Mine love decap shrimp and Tetramin Pro crisp, and they get bloodworms sometimes. The fishstores have specific Betta food but never used so have no idea what it's like? Cheers.

Well that's just it, they don't seem to eat anything else - I tried microworms but they're not interested. I also tried bettamin but they don't like that either. Crisps are too big for their mouths and they don't eat it and I don't know what decap shrimp are. They don't seem to like daphnia either.

@ Adodge - what is bbs?

@ Mark, I remember your suggestion from before, I must give that a go.

Mine eat ANYTHING – staple are various flake and pelleted foods (BettaMin, NovoBel, NovoTab, Shrimp Pellets, SpectraMax), supplements are cooked peas, cucumber/courgette, spirulina tablets (all put in for the BN, but my fighters eat them all too). Once a week they get daphnia (currently mixed with mozzie larvae), and maybe once a fortnight, bloodworms; less often they get a few microworms.

The only 'fussy' fighters I've had gave up being fussy after a few days after they discovered what the regime was at my place, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...