Post some pics of you livebearers!

livebearer_breeder

I've been trying to get pics of my guppies for ages, my camera doesn't want to show them well unfortunately :(

Here are my 2 boys,The light one is a blu/ silver colour, with yellow patterning on body and tail.

gup3.jpg

This one is a deep purple, with mainly orange tail, his top fin (whatever you call it) is a light purple/ white colour.

gup2.jpg

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

I got very lucky with the photo. I was sitting well back from the tank and just zoomed in after taking some tank-wide snaps. The camera was focused on the front glass and the fish was cruising near the front.

I was also lucky with the sword, it was one of five similar males at the LFS, but this one just had the perfect colouring. I should have got some of the similar females at the same time, but I won't have the tank space for them, or any offspring, until March :(.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just felt like taking some more pics....so my focus was my 2 teen guppies LOL....now I know that they aren't a WOW guppy, but they are my babies....the only 2 surviers from my first whitespot breakout.

The females have never dropped anymore fry so I am guessing that the male isn't doing his job LOL.

Weblittle4.jpgWeblittle3.jpg

Weblittle2.jpgWeblittle1.jpg

but who is the guy that is drowning in the bottom right hand pic... looks like Ceasar :)

LMAO Bill.....the new tank I got the other day came with some backdrops....so I put that one in instead of looking at the back wall through the tank....you've got good eyes :wink:

These 2 little guys are so funny showing off to the adult girls....they think they are such big boys :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are my 2 new boys....they didn't have a very good range at Jansens Silerdale.....but GREAT SHOP!!!!!

This is the little guy.....he has some snakeskin patters,,,,quite nice....and he had a couple of spots on him.

PIC_0072.jpg

I like this guy....he is a good size, and a steely Grey/blue colour....his patterns are nice and even.

WebPIC_0066.jpg

heres a pic of my new male I picked up friday afternoon, while "just looking" at the lfs

NewMale.jpg

and this pic is slightly better, shows the colours a bit better.

Colourfulmale.jpg

I also have a female with a similar colour to here but she was shy and stayed hidden amongst the plants, so will get a pic when she shows herself.

This is one of the young males from my last batch of fry. not a great pic, but it gives a good impression of the colours he has.

YoungMale.jpg

B

• 2 weeks later...