Growing a reef....

puttputt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

feed, clean, poke, look, check, water change, skimmer clean, topup top up tank, test, poke, look, check, clean.....

Its an average, weekly water changes take a couple of hours including getting it, some days 10mins, somedays alot more.

Tank doesn't quite look like that anymore, It contacted a disease, that affects sps, and my tank was 95% sps, it was hit hard and all were lost. Clams, softies, zoos, fish, etc all unaffected.

tank now in recovery mode, will not add any sps for 6 months or so.

Wow, beautiful shots! and very cool to see the progression :bounce:

But how sad you lost so much! :( I have limited knowledge in the corals dept.... do you mean a "bug" as in some type of bacteria, or did you get some actual critter like a type of worm or crusty that attacked all your SPS?

• 2 weeks later...

Missing a bit, interesting to know what implied swearing is, not surprised :roll:

Got whiteband disease Craig, lost all the sps, but tank is recovering well, will try an acro in a month or 2, slowly building a nice zoo collection while i'm waiting - something you'd appreciate "zoo man" :D