Tortoise

me

Hi, there are obviously a few people here interested in tortoises (me included). I realise they are very rare here but does anyone know what you would have to pay if one did become available? Are we talking hundreds, thousands or more??? Thanks for your help. Like every other tortoise fan I'm particularly keen to get hold of a female but I realise I might be dreaming! haha

better get yourself on to the other site we are not alowed to mention.There are some young greek spurr thighs just listed last night at the princly sum of $1800 each.Not often forsale at any price and I would say some if not all will already be sold?welcome here as well.

Great thanks for that! I was searching under "tortoise" rather than "tortoises" I think. $1800 seems a lot, I wonder what a breeding age female would be worth!

Isn't trademe's search engine pathetic that if you search for "tortoise" it won't find "tortoises". :evil:

Good price, shame I'm broke right now :(

I've emailed that seller and they said that in the past their torts have come out femail so this time they've tried to get males.

We did not go below 87.8 and did not go above

89.6. During the middle of incubation we ran the temp

@ approx 88.0 up to 88.9.

Any tortoise breeders want to comment on the incubation procedure?

I would love one but the better half wants an engagement ring, I offered an engagement tortoise as a compromise :wink: and suffered for that comment.