Living Art Wildlife Park, Working bee!

Cricketman

hey everybody,

well, everyone has been asking when the working bee is going to be happening, and im pleased to announce that Marks given me carte blanche to get it rolling, so...

the Weekend of 4th/5th of october seems to be the best date I can think of, so, if you want to come on down and lend a hand, theres alot of stuff that we can sort through and get the park looking really neat again just in time for the 11th october which i believe is Marks Open day.

if you want to, leave a message of support here or just pitch up on teh day, itll be great to meet some faces to put to names.

thanks all

Thats a fantastic idea, well done cricketman. :D Sorry my finances dont stretch to an inter-island day trip, but I wish you all well with your efforts and hope heaps of people turn up so you get lots done :bounce:

Good Luck and I'll pray for great weather!!! Cheers :D

hey bro ill make it if i get another car sorted, blew starlet motor up, wont be back on road for a while

anyway yea ill txt u closer to date, even if weathers crap what a wiked excuse to get together for some beers, its been a while haha

i shall pass no comment, i shall pass no comment....

haha nar gutted bro, well, if you wanted ill come down n get your sorry carcass but youd have to stay tyhe whole weekend and consume admirable amounts of golden nectar...

though this does raise the point (as did lucid) of people ganging together to keep the old petroleum costs down... i dont mind going around locally to pick people up, and if i do pick up paul_r i can get people from edgecum, tepuke, matata, whakatane, ohope or even go as far as opotiki for the cause...

Can we get a list of jobs that need to be done and what tools we all will need to bring.

I may give you a call mark before the week finished.

Ill bring over some new water pumps for your tanks if you need them. Also MH bulbs....(70w and 150w's) + fish food + what other related stuff i can find.

o it was planned to blow motor, i have a bigger motor almost ready to go in, ran crazy boost and torture tested the 4efte....lasted ages too, almost time for the 5efhte to be running

a list of whats needed would be primo, would be a shame to get so many people come but not enough tools/jobs etc

I would have been keen but I'll unfortunately be in Miami that weekend...

I like the BOP area and it would have been good to catch up with some of the local BOP FNZAS members at the same time. Has anyone from the local club got the members on-board for the working bee?

Maybe also a list of who is interested so jobs can be assigned in advance. Good planning will likely make the effectiveness of who does go much better.

Just found out that its the only weekend between now and the end of November Hannah and I can get up north to see our families and some close friends who [should] have had their first kid. Hannah's sitting her PCE2 accounting exam (6 hours and $5k) so needs to be studying non-stop.

:(

I would have been keen but I'll unfortunately be in Miami that weekend...

I like the BOP area and it would have been good to catch up with some of the local BOP FNZAS members at the same time. Has anyone from the local club got the members on-board for the working bee?

Maybe also a list of who is interested so jobs can be assigned in advance. Good planning will likely make the effectiveness of who does go much better.

miami sounds nice

local club is on board in the form of the president and family so far

have a BBQ and meat, bring whatever else you want

suggested equipment list

building tools,

nails,

timber treated preferably

chainsaw and safety equipment

rakes spades shovels

wheelbarrows

strong footwear, gloves, old clothes

car trailer

blower vac, weed eater, water blaster

machete, slasher

loppers, secateurs

any other thoughts on equipment

Is anyone from Aucks going down to this? I'd be keen to know, would like to go down on Saturday - probably for the day only. Happy to take my car, its only a Honda Accord - older model but could take other willing workers.

Any strong males available? :lol: