Quality Fish Shops

Luke*

Yup definately goldfish bowl Bryan has been great over the years and is why I still have this habit.

On a sour note Luke, Bryan has retired officially yesturday and Cliff has taken over.

OMG! really??! wow.. who is this Cliff guy? must admit i was wondering how much longer he'd be going at it but didn't think it would be just yet.. good on him though.

ah that's good HFF sorted it broms... so follow up is important too :)

yes Luke it is the little things that make a shop great, I got a pm last night from HFF with a great offer to fix my little problem, the fact they went to the trouble of doing that means I will try them again.

Thats why [as Reef suggested] its important to voice your concerns to the management rather than just walking away.

I think its important to support stores like this that support the hobby and provide a good range of livestock and accessories, even if it means spending a few dollars more on something you could get from a dodgy garage-trader on TradeMe...

Thats why [as Reef suggested] its important to voice your concerns to the management rather than just walking away.

it was very obvious that I was not happy after being told of the stuff up, it could have been handled then and there at the time, it wasn't. and the original problem of ignorance is a management problem to start with - the most basic rule of retail selling, the fact another forum member also found themselves being ignored confirmed this to me , I posted this on the forum in the hope it would reach the right people, it has.

That is more than most consumers would do.

Hopefully next time I visit them I will be greeted and after looking around for a while someone will hopefully ask if I need any help, then I will try to purchase something again.

Ok guys now back to the original thread topic "Quality Fish Shops" :wink: :lol:

The original thread that involved the incident mentioned in above posts has now been closed due to issue being resolved..

This thread was made by Luke on a positive note 8)

Northland Pet and Aquarium in Whangarei is pretty good for a small-town pet shop. Nice new set-up, good range of salt water stuff too. Richard [owner] is pretty clued up on reef tanks (and always tries to talk me into setting one up!) and is always happy to order stuff in.

Best shop north of the big smoke IMO.