What are you reading now and what is your best book?

I recently finished reading Slash's autobiography which I found awesome. The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay is also a really good read.

2 of my bros have read Slash's book. Shocking how he couldn't drive anything perfect, so when their manager bought them brand new vans to drive around in he went out and smashed the lights on the front before he drove it. mindless destruction :roll:

Ants, I would love the guys fortune that is for sure :lol:

Ooooo Caryl you have same taste as hubby... David Gemmell and Terry Pratchett... 8) He also likes David Eddings..

Sad to hear that Gemmell is now dead, so no more books from him...

I just recently finished Scar Tissue as well, was a great read :D Amazing that the guy is still alive really!

Currently reading "Spangle" by Gary Jennings, it's an epic 1300-odd pager about a travelling circus, circa WW1 era, and it's soooooo interesting!!. Highly recommend his books, he wrote one about Marco Polo and his travels called "The Journeyer" that is still one of my faves, he's just a really great storyteller. Others would be anything by Stephen King, Bill Bryson, Nicci French, Jodi Picoult, Bryce Courtenay, Irvine Welsh, or Phillippa Gregory...Have a pretty broad range of literary tastes actually, lol. :lol: Nothing better than being snuggled up in bed with a good book though, especially in winter time!

Presently reading Michael Connolly's Echo Park

Love Lee Child, Terry Pratchett, David Gemmell, JD Robb, Jennifer Cruisie, Susan Andersen, Linda Howard, Karen Robards... the list goes on :lol:

Reading A question of blood by Ian Ranking. . not sure if thats the title but something like that.

I absolutely LOVE Lee Child and Terry Pratchet!! And have recently become addicted to Harlan Coben books (as in read one of his books in 6hours straight...).

Also David Baldacci does pretty good books, and Stephen King.

Would recommend anything buy Lee Child, Terry Pratchet, David Baldacci, Stephen King and I loved Michael Chricthons book "Prey" :D

Yeah there is definitely a common Terry Pratchett theme. I forgot to put my own down:

I am currently reading Children of the Self-Absorbed, which is really really really really really (did I say really?) good.

and as for fav books, The Life of Pi, Vernon God Little, The Poisonwood Bible, and A Fine Balance are the ones that stick in my mind for being fantastic.

reading along came a spider by james patterson at the mo, been reading a lot of his lately.

im also a lee child nut, cant wait for the next one.

others i enjoy are kathy reichs, patricia cornwall, lawrence block, and the list goes on.

looking forward to reading slash's book. thought the anthony keidis one was ok but pretty repetitive. sharon osbourne's one was excellent.

Another Terry Pratchett fan :-)

I am re reading Tolkins LOTR for something to do

Orson Scott Card: Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide etc

Will read just about anything except 'based on the true story of.....' type books

im not reading atm havent got time i have a collection of metaphysical , theology and philosophy books my favs would be a toss up on conversations with god -neale donald walsch or the mind possessed by william sargent