Trampoline recommendation?

My son is turning 4 next week and he has had a go on a trampoline a couple of times (thanks Johannes!) and just LOVES it. We were thinking of buying one for his birthday but we don't have a huge section. Were thinking of a 10ft, one of those ones with the netting surround, but there is such a huge range to choose from, huge price range, loads of different importers selling on Trade Me. Can anyone recommend one over another?

My son brought one for his children for Christmas's grand children are four and six.the one with the net are great and safe.I will ring tomorrow and find out what brand,how much,and where they brought theirs from,They have had adults and children bouncing against the net and no rips,still like new

My son brought one for his children for Christmas's grand children are four and six.the one with the net are great and safe.I will ring tomorrow and find out what brand,how much,and where they brought theirs from,They have had adults and children bouncing against the net and no rips,still like new

Thanks for that!

oh yeah and David, do you still have full use of your limbs? Just curious :lol:

can`t call yourself a trampoliner till you get your head jammed between the springs.All this pc rubbish kids on a tramp enclosed in a net??The only one who ever got hurt on ours(with no net)was the adult who did a backdrop and never noticed the kids beer crate that they used to climb on with had somehow ended up under the tramp???

Definately get one of those "springless" ones with the high net around the outside, im sure we all remember as kids seeing someone or even ourselves getting caught in the springs lol

I can remember my son hanging upside down by his balls,and having to unhook him.He was only three.Those were the days :lol:

my eldest two daughters were both compiditive trampers. If he joins a club if interested later on, he should find that the netting is in the way. It stops people from being there incase something goes wrong.

Both of my daughters were good but average.

The rules I made were

1) only one person at a time

2) no flips/summersults if there was no-one spotting for you

Never a broken limb and other than the normal back strains, no other injuries

oh yeah and David, do you still have full use of your limbs? Just curious :lol:

Yes, despite not having a "safe" tramp, and spending countless hours jumping out of the big old puriri tree onto it, and soaping it up with a block of sunlight soap until its so slippery you can't stand up on it, and pretending to be stunt men jumping off it and landing on the ground sideways while trying not to flinch! :lol:

I guess they don't make them like they used to...

[kids that is!] ;)

my partner tore an artery when she was little thanks to one of the old spring tramps, the doctors didnt belevie she did it on a tramp at first, they thought she had been in a motorcycle acciendent or something.

however you cant go roof to tramp to swimming pool on the new PC safety netting ones, me and my brothers never had a serious acciendent and did all sorts of stupid things :lol:

however you cant go roof to tramp to swimming pool on the new PC safety netting ones, me and my brothers never had a serious acciendent and did all sorts of stupid things :lol:

My sisters best friend did! She tried doing a backflip off a tramp into the pool, didnt clear the pool, knocked her head on the side of the pool and went into the water unconscious.. close call.

I had a 10ft trampoline when I was younger. Used it nearly every night from the age of 5 til the age of 13 (barring rain) when it finally gave up and the springs started to ping off. (I then started Racing Dirtbikes)

Just get the foam pads for where the springs are. I never had any injuries and I taught myself how to front and backflip along with other technical maneuvers. Just keep an eye on him until yo can see he can jump safely by himself.

If I ever have kids, I'm definatly getting a trampoline for them once they're old enough. I often wish I still had it. Best times of my life were pretending to live out some adventure while jumping on the trampoline. Sounds stupid I know, but I have so many fond memories hahaha

My son is turning 4 next week and he has had a go on a trampoline a couple of times (thanks Johannes!) and just LOVES it. We were thinking of buying one for his birthday but we don't have a huge section. Were thinking of a 10ft, one of those ones with the netting surround, but there is such a huge range to choose from, huge price range, loads of different importers selling on Trade Me. Can anyone recommend one over another?

:D:D