Juwel Heaters

dwalk

yes they are fully submersible, i haven't had any problems with mine but i've heard of other ppl having some problems. One annoying thing is that they don't have a temperature dial just a + or - so you can' t set it to a temp, you have to guess and adjust accordingly. jagers are good heaters, i've found their thermostat to be accurate

even jebo

you can get badluck

i have jebos and no problems

the issues are this

with cheaper heaters, the light stops working and stuff, maybe thermostat so you hvaeto adjst and measure yourself which actual temp versus the temp on the dial

invest in fluval, or aqua one

i thnk aqua one is the best value for money

Why would you skimp on your heater, it is the single most important piece of equipment in your tank, if your filter stops working, do more water changes until you sort it out. But if your heater fails you either cook your fish or they will get chilled and die.

You will get what you pay for.

Have heard that Juwel heaters are ok, yet haven't tried them myself.

We steer clear of Jebo and Masterpet.... bleh :-?

Jagar we use of which are excellent and Aqua One even tho not your most expensive, yet not a cheapy... are excellent too, we use alot of Aqua One heaters in our fish shed and Jagar in our display tanks inside. The Aqua One heaters now come with a 3 year warranty, they used to only come with a 6 month warranty. This year it changed to 3 year.

Juwel heaters are crap to be honest. I've had 3 fail in a matter of 2 weeks and the shop I bought them from didn't believe they were faulty and blamed me for using them outside of the water. (I didn't bother taking the 2nd failure back because I didn't believe they'd give me a replacement)

Bought a 300w Jager, not 1 problem at all.

• 3 months later...
yes they are fully submersible, i haven't had any problems with mine but i've heard of other ppl having some problems. One annoying thing is that they don't have a temperature dial just a + or - so you can' t set it to a temp, you have to guess and adjust accordingly. jagers are good heaters, i've found their thermostat to be accurate

my juwel heater has temperatures next to the dial

• 1 month later...
I saw some of these on TM does anyone know anything about them please?

the juwels are prety good... as long as you have a warranty or something go for it..

safest bet are the Jagers, Fluvals and the Rena's. - but also bit more expensive...

Rena's have an incredibly accurate thermostat...

I had a 200w Juwel heater in a 160 l tank. After observing wild temp fluctuations, I swapped it out for a 150w jager, no more fluctuations. I suspect that the Juwel heaters aren't comparable watt for watt to others, due to there extremely compact dimensions. The 200w Juwel is about 15cm shorter than my 150watt jager! Hope this helps.