May Aquarium World

Caryl

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

you only need to join a club and Caryl will make sure you get one each time hot off the press , heck you can even write an article your self and see your name in print :) Its not expensive and well worth evey cent. :)

Just as a point of interest...

folding and stapling took 3 hrs

bagging and stamping (3 of us working hard) took 2 hrs

printing the magazines took 24 hrs

Actually writing the thing took over 30 hrs :roll:

OK it is all printed and ready to post in the morning. Thanks to Grant, Kelly and Neil for helping (even if we did have to liten to Kelly sing!) :hail::bow:

is that a typo from caryl??? surely not :oops:

sorry caryl but thats like the 1st time ever ive seen one from you :wink::wink:

Just as a point of interest...

folding and stapling took 3 hrs

bagging and stamping (3 of us working hard) took 2 hrs

printing the magazines took 24 hrs

Actually writing the thing took over 30 hrs :roll:

63 unpaid man hours of work

1 AND A HALF WEEKS WORK

:bounce: :bounce: CARYL AND CO. :bounce: :bounce:

63 unpaid man hours of work

1 AND A HALF WEEKS WORK

:bounce: :bounce: CARYL AND CO. :bounce: :bounce:

so lets ALL support Caryl in the best way we can WRITE AN ARTICLE !!!

Month after months everyone says well done Caryl , great mag Caryl and I’m sure Caryl really loves the feedback but it would show our support so much better by helping her with the next issue or the one after that if everyone just contributed something in the form of an article a joke , a puzzle ...something

I do make mistakes and typos :oops:

The Aquarium World is the only NZ aquarium magazine as far as I know. It will not have been for sale in a shop. It is a small A5 sized magazine, not a big glossy one like Practical Fishkeeping et al.

Billaney, you have hit the nail on the head. Positive feedback is lovely but being sent plenty of articles, fish jokes, puzzles, fillers, DIY, breeding stuff etc is appreciated much more.

I don't know what wil happen next year as I will be overseas for several weeks - with a magazine due out in the middle of my OE. :-?

Wok will do it! :D

Amazing , everyone is always ready to volunteer someone else , as we said if we get heaps of aticles etc to Caryl , maybe , just maybe it can be done Before Caryl goes so she can enjoy her holiday ....:)

Im sure Wok will get the joke..... :roll: :lol:

I understand the joke , and I'm sure Wok probably will do something to help ( he always does ) but why don't you write something ? I've read advice you have given others on killies and other fish and a lot of it I've thought to be good advice I'm sure you have a heap of knowlage that could help others. i was never good at writing , still not but i always try and Caryl fixes my spelling mistakes ;) give it a go, you might surprise yourself :)

I could write a article on how to overstock a small tank without a filter :oops: :oops:

Great !, So others learn from a mistake or how to overcome the mistake , THATS what the Aquarium World is all about Do it I'm sure Caryl would be greatful

i could do one on setting up my marine tank but then again i dont know much about marine so that might make it hard

i might be able to do a step by step with photos but i won't be able to add all the really technical details.

thats if i remember to take photo's while setting it up

i could do one on setting up my marine tank but then again i dont know much about marine so that might make it hard

i might be able to do a step by step with photos but i won't be able to add all the really technical details.

thats if i remember to take photo's while setting it up

again , perfect !, other peoples stories and what they tried, what worked , what didn't . this all goes to make a very interesting read . It does not need to be highly technical. Well done cichlid7 :hail: