Major cleanout

Caryl

Can you tell the difference between the BEFORE and AFTER garage pics? :-?

BEFORE

Garagebeforecleanout.jpg

AFTER

GargeaftercleanoutApril08.jpg

At least the spare room has improved. Believe it or not, the first pic was taken after we had cleaned it out a bit (so we could get in the door) :lol:

BEFORE

Kellysroombeforecleanout.jpg

AFTER

KellysroomaftercleanoutApril08.jpg

We have filled 2 large skips and taken 5 carloads (large Odyssey size with all the back seats flat) of cardboard to the recyclers :-?

That little pile of boxes won't be there long. Mum is deciding if she wants them otherwise they will go to the recyclers with the rest :roll:

I knew I should have added "except the car" to spot the difference :lol:

The Mazda is the smallest of our vehicles and the only one that would fit. We have 2 of them to fit now :-?

Was that REALLY,REALLY your garage.What a waste of tank space!!! :lol: :lol: To think I thought you were prim and proper. :lol:

Yes, really was their garage. Have been there a few times and can vouch for the before pictures. I think I need to see the afterwards to be sure it's real and not a clever photoshop edit... Will report back after conference if it really is like this...

I can see the difference in the garage - after hours of studying the pictures I noticed that you can see 3 bits of the back wall, instead of 1. And there is one less box on top of the red metal toolbox thingy. Well done!

I can see how it would have taken two or three weekends. The first few days would have had to be spent hacking your way through to the back wall. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We would like to actually fit some of the cars in it - that is why we built it :-?

Grant had a laugh the other day (for those of you rubbishing his choice of vehicle). He was driving home, top down, when the cars up ahead came to a halt at the roundabout. Grant was just starting to slow down before he reached them when a male cyclist shot up the left side of him hurling abuse of some sort (he couldn't make out what he was saying exactly) while looking back at Grant. It was at this point the cyclist hadn't noticed the front vehicles had come to a halt and, because he was still looking back at Grant yelling whatever, he plowed into the back of the next car, breaking tail lights and falling off his bike. Needless to say, Grant didn't stop to help him but sniggered all the way home. :lol:

Not sure why males feel the need to hurl rude remarks to people when they don't approve of their vehicle choice :roll:

Young kids love it and often wave excitedly.

A bit different from earlier days when he had a Jensen Healey convertible. Not only was it one of very few in the country but I think it was the only convertible in Blenheim (you rarely saw them back in the 70's). I used to hate going out in it with him as everywhere we went guys came up wanting to discuss the car, it's engine, performance etc etc and everyone stared at you when you drove past. :-?

I much preferred the motorbike and the anonymity of helmets :lol:

Mind you, when he sold the Jensen, it paid for a brand new car, the section, and part of the house we built.

Can't have a bonfire as there is a fire ban in force :wink:

That breeding idea has merit Mystic and would explain their proliferation!

We are aware the MX5 is still referred to as a hairdressers car. We actually have 2 hairdressers in Blenheim with them. The local Signature Homes person (no idea if male or female as I have never actually seen it being driven, just parked outside their office) has one too with sign writing on it. Even the guys on Top Gear laughed at it until they went for a test drive. We like it cos it's cheap and fun 8)

We belong to the local MX5 club and owners include truck drivers, aeronautical engineer, pilot, teacher, security guard, linesman, farmer, vineyard owner, engineer, technicians and others. None of us care what anyone else thinks, we have fun.

They are planning an anniversary MX5 trip from Cape Reinga to Bluff which we plan to join - and do the whole trip. It would mean driving up to Cape Reinga then back down past home to Bluff then coming back up to home. They are talking about televising it too. Will wait and see if it gets organised. The idea is for MX5 owners to join in as it passes through their area.

We thoroughly enjoyed the weekend we went up to Auckland to help set the world record for the most MX5s in convoy (went round and round Alexander Park). Not difficult to win the record as it hadn't been done before. :lol:

Once the garage is cleared further (all the stuff in the middle is still being sorted) we hope to fit both MX5s back in there, although one is for sale so it might be one MX5 and the Odyssey. The 4WD won't fit due to all the aerials. Odyssey might be too long. :roll: