Do you EAT fish?

Stella

Over in the States there is a woman with some sort of mental/personality disorder who apparently has a talent for 'reading' animals feelings, and now designs 'low stress' slaughter houses.

Yes it is Temple Grandin, Ph.D. She is autistic.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/498153

http://www.autism.org/temple/transition.html

I wonder if she eats fish?

I love fish! My favourites have to be Hapuka and Bluenose yay!! My partner is a commercial fisherman before anyone asks we don't eat heaps of fish, it is illegal for us to take one for ourselves for tea. I don't think owning fish has put me off but I don't like it when I see people who keep a whole bucket of little tiny fish (spottys, mackeral and herrings) when they don't intend to eat them or people who catch a really nice fish then leave it in the sun to go off then take it home and eat it. If your going to take its life look after it, kill it don't let it sit there dying! Commercial fishing is alright its keeps us fed, clothed and bills paid but I don't like the net methods where everything is caught and in the end they are after quantity not quality so its normally poor grade that your lucky to get $2kg for. Also I think the use of sonar makes it so the poor fish don't stand a chance. Game fishing is alright but I don't like it when they have the hour/s long fight to let it go and see it slowly sink and if its still alive its so exhausted theres so many sharks attracted to the fight that its soon dinner anyway. I don't blame people for not buying it from the shop I'd say most of the time its at least a week old but someone has too or we'd be out of a job. But anyway I love to eat fish its so yummy in batter or fried in butter or fish burgers or raw fish yum yum!

I don't eat fish because I own them. That goes with every animal I own. So if I owned chickens, I wouldn't eat chickens. Thats why I'd never own chickens! lol.

Thats some messed up logic right there! I can't understand how having a pet of a particular species would affect your feelings about eating that meat, unless you are talking about eating your actual pets!! As kids we had pet lambs, yet mum would still cook a sunday roast, quite often of lamb. I've eaten horse before (not that I'd ever own one of those stinky things!!) and I wouldn't mind trying dog or cat.

But anyway, yeah I eat fish, and owning fish isn't going to change that. How ever, I don't think I could gut and fillet my big dat, or do my large ornate with butter and lemon in tinfoil.

:lol: