Medieval fish people

Ok this seems like a strange phenomenon, but in my limited experience of the fish world so far, I have been to maybe 8 or 9 different people's houses to deliver/collect fish/equipment, and there has been an amazing correlation between people who are tropical fish enthusiasts and people who have an interest in things like medieval stuff/online gaming/black t-shirts. I don't mean to make this sound like a broad sweeping generalisation but is there a reason for this do you think or just coincidence?

I think you might be saying something that is generally known, but so far, unspoken! :lol:

A look through peoples pics will reveal a leaning towards young trendy, through to goth. :lol:

Perhaps it is the Co2 from their planted setups? :lol:

Something else surprised me, I think I'm the oldest guy on the forum. This was a surprise cos I thought fish would be kept by older people with more leisure time, money etc, but no.

But if you want normal, get a marine tank! :wink: :lol:

While fresh water tank keepers are mainly young / trendy / goth / mix of both sexes, marine keepers are mainly male, 20 to 40 ish, and upper income. Although there have been some chics joining the marine thing lately.

Weird huh?

I am certainly not classifying people as 'normal' or 'non-normal' although I would say that my husband thinks that anyone who has more than one tank is not normal. So that includes me I guess. I am 34, female mummy and probably as far from goth as you can get, being one of those boring suburban, desperate housewife types (apart from the affairs, riches, manicured gardens and brand new cars). I just thought it quite interesting and feel like I am definitely an 'outsider' in the hobby.

Hate to say it, but I am an old English punker with a black 'UK Subs' t-shirt on and have just finished playing my online game.

I am also in my 40's and am allowed all these things due to a midlife crisis.

Except nothing much has changed in 30 years.

I also have 22 tanks. I had to buy the wife a bigger house to have that many.

I am certainly not classifying people as 'normal' or 'non-normal'.

Hah, that would have been me! :lol:

Normal is relative. Now i live in an area surrounded by upper income, white people. 30 years ago I found such people scary, "different" and could not easily mix in those circles. Now I seem to have joined them! :lol:

Actually I think that once you scratch through the surface, most people are the same.

BTW I'm 53.