dead dwarfs! Over it!

Slightly Blue Dalmation

Dwarf Gourami have a habit of dying.

They come into the country pumped up on DRUGZ, long enough to get through QT and then proceed to die, and possibly infect existing tankmates as well. They are suspected of killing off a species of native fish in Australia.

Im sorry about your bad luck with the dwarfs. Im sure its only the imports that are haveing trouble.Dont lose heart over it.I have dwarfs and have not had problems with them. They seem to be hardy.iTS unfair to say they are all like that.I would like to see more people breeding them as they they are a lovely looking fish,

Sorry i got it wrong i read yours then markoshark.And i am sorry i know it can be h.eart braking,when you have spent money and time.Try some thing stronger..But dont give up on these fish.Wait awhile find a breeder whos had them awhile and try again.Good luck

Keyholes are fairly compatible with most peaceful fish, don't grow over large and tolerate a reasonable range of water parameters. I like them, they aren't the most colourful of fish but have great personalities and are easy to keep. Great fish for a community tank.

Oh I just have problems with my females getting Dropsy and then when they die the male eats them and dies or I'm left with a lone male. I think this is due to the male wanting to get it on and picking on the female who then picks up some bugs when shes run down. This has happen with 4 different types of Apisto's so don't know what to do.

Hi

Not suprised to see losses as just about all common dwf cichlids and rams are carring a virus known to world webs i see..Also a type of dropsy..

I to have had most here and did not last long..ie triple red ,orange flash..

Now i have a tretment i use with good success,Thats why i sell wild breed cichlids on trade me..They dont just drop dead...Phill

Hi

Not suprised to see losses as just about all common dwf cichlids and rams are carring a virus known to world webs i see..Also a type of dropsy..

I to have had most here and did not last long..ie triple red ,orange flash..

Now i have a tretment i use with good success,Thats why i sell wild breed cichlids on trade me..They dont just drop dead...Phill

Hi Phil,

Any chance you could share your successful treatment with us. It would save a lot of people a lot of grief and disappointment with their losses :(